first timer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rylekyans, May 5, 2009.

1. rylekyans

rylekyans New Member

hey guys, I've been reading all your threads for a long time now to see if i want to start my first project. I'm really interested but am a little hesitant because I dont have that much knowledge about engines or anything. How was it for you guys when you built your first kit?

<
  2. ENO

ENO Member

Hey Ryle..ENO (Down Under)..Welcome to MBc Global Workstation and Information Center..Its all here mate..these guys love to jump on a problem with your build..I had a lot of trouble at first (mechanically challenged) (and cant read Chinese) but as soon as I posted I got all the info I needed. Always use SEARCH and the answer is there, if not ask in the NEW MEMBERS forum..Post some pics as you go...Good Luck ENO

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to do this. If you are able to keep a pedal bike in good working order, then you're almost there. After that you just need to be willing to tinker and do some not-so-difficult troubleshooting.

If you have working hands and eyes and just a little bit of willingness, then you'll do fine.

Good luck and have fun.

4. rylekyans

rylekyans New Member

the tools i need?

thanks for all the support, it makes me want to buy my first kit as soon as possible. I cant wait to get my ride up and going. What tools will i need to set it all up?

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Hey, bgw, watch it!

"working hands and eyes" my left (numb) foot!

I have one hand, with 1.5 working fingers and a thumb. I have two eyes, but the right one has a plastic lens (installed in March) which I'm still getting used to.

I am in the midst of my first build, which is a trike conversion of a 24" ladies huffy, with the engine going in the rear triangle, with a Shimano 3-speed mid-drive on the pedal side.

"Working hands and eyes" - HAH!