first timer

rylekyans

Local time
11:12 AM
hey guys, I've been reading all your threads for a long time now to see if i want to start my first project. I'm really interested but am a little hesitant because I dont have that much knowledge about engines or anything. How was it for you guys when you built your first kit?

Hey Ryle..ENO (Down Under)..Welcome to MBc Global Workstation and Information Center..Its all here mate..these guys love to jump on a problem with your build..I had a lot of trouble at first (mechanically challenged) (and cant read Chinese) but as soon as I posted I got all the info I needed. Always use SEARCH and the answer is there, if not ask in the NEW MEMBERS forum..Post some pics as you go...Good Luck ENO

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to do this. If you are able to keep a pedal bike in good working order, then you're almost there. After that you just need to be willing to tinker and do some not-so-difficult troubleshooting.

If you have working hands and eyes and just a little bit of willingness, then you'll do fine.

Good luck and have fun.

the tools i need?

thanks for all the support, it makes me want to buy my first kit as soon as possible. I cant wait to get my ride up and going. What tools will i need to set it all up?

Hey, bgw, watch it!

"working hands and eyes" my left (numb) foot!

I have one hand, with 1.5 working fingers and a thumb. I have two eyes, but the right one has a plastic lens (installed in March) which I'm still getting used to.

I am in the midst of my first build, which is a trike conversion of a 24" ladies huffy, with the engine going in the rear triangle, with a Shimano 3-speed mid-drive on the pedal side.

"Working hands and eyes" - HAH!

Back