First week - impressions

ollicat

Local time
7:11 AM
Hey folks,

I have been lurking here for months and learning from all of you. I finally purchased a Dimension Edge Mitsubishi TLE 43 rack mount. Got it installed and started riding last week. OMG! I never knew how FUN this would be! I have been exploring neighborhoods that I never would have gone through in my car. I am amazed by the looks I get as well. But that is OK, I am having such a good time.

The one thing that really surprised me is how fast even 20 mph feels on a bike vs a car. I got up to 34 mph once and felt like Captain Picard was saying, "Warp 9 - Engage!" I think I like 20 - 22 mph the best. The bike and engine feel the most comfortable and frankly, so do I.

Thanks again for all your help and expertise. I plan to keep learning.

Congratulations! I have a dimension setup too and am thrilled with it. Dont forget to get a good lock for it someone will want to steal it. The bad thing with a friction setup is when it gets wet you be stuck like chuck, no brakes either so be careful!

Last edited:
I have been using Dimension Edge stuff since 92. They have a special Drive roller for use in the wet conditions that quick chenges in just a minite or so. I don't understand the comment about no brakes.... I still have my regular brakes on my setup's.

Any updates on this DE system?

Any reviews on how the wet weather rollers work?

Twalker,
Just to be clear. There is a free wheel, center mounted, rack mounted, 4 stroke in a Staton inside gear kit. I have one, it works great, mounted up tough like a battlebot. Freewheels like a bike. Quantify it for us...What's too heavy for you?
-Mike

Last edited:
Twalker,
Just to be clear. There is a free wheel, center mounted, rack mounted, 4 stroke in a Staton inside gear kit. I have one, it works great, mounted up tough like a battlebot. Freewheels like a bike. Quantify it for us...What's too heavy for you?
-Mike

Staton. Its over 10 LBS heavier than say..DE or GEBE. A Staton Robin inside drive is about 24LBS. It weighs as much as the bike I would mount it to.

Normally it would be no big deal but I'm just in the process of building a super lightweight mountain bike.

On the other hand neither of those are centered: they both weigh much less but hang off to the side: so there is a give and take.

Any updates on this DE system?

Any reviews on how the wet weather rollers work?

The wet weather rollers work great, zero slippage. They wear your tires more then regular ones do by a small factor in wet weather and by a whole lot more if you use them on dry roads.

Back