Firsts...

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:02 AM
I'll start with...

First flat. Rear. Not sure what caused it yet. Still rolling on the stock tire/tube/rim (laziness... I have the Grubee rim sitting in the garage). Went out for a quick run to "cool down" a bit (it's been hot). LUCKILY I was on my way home... down at the end of the street (about 1/8 mile) just cruisin' when I felt a distinct deflation (was quick...I suspect I may have tore the valve stem?). Walking it home was a b**ch because the tire had come half off... which means the tube came out partially... etc...

Hey...at least I was close to home. I was probably 2 miles out at one point. If that had happened way out I'd have taken the time to attempt to re-attach the time. That does remind me though...it would be a good idea to add a couple of those plastic tire levers I have to the on-board "kit".

All said, however, it does provide quite the motivation to get out there and throw on that Gru-Bee rim and steel-stem tube...

:)

Hopefully, you have a portable bicycle pump as well, along with carrying a spare tube. This tube was discussed as an emergency use tube. They do come in different sizes. This way you don't have to remove your rear wheel.

Huffy Bicycle Company Quick Change Inner Tube, Black https://a.co/d/3glE6BY

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back