Fito Modena GT-2 / 49cc 4G T Belt / SBP shift kit

Fito Modena GT-2 7-speed bike (Ebay)
49cc 4-stroke HS142F with 80-tooth 4G gear (bicycle-engines.com)
Shift Kit (Sick Bike Parts)
Heavy Duty Clutch (Staton-inc)
2.4 gallon fuel tank (Ebay)
Double kickstand (Amazon)
Suspension seatpost (donor bike)
Less clownish handlebars (donor bike)
Digital tach (Amazon)
Speedometer (Amazon)
Tuffy strips and tire slime (Amazon)
Ibera back rack (Amazon)
Jacket: Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 (Amazon)

Attachments

• ENG4G-TSKIT.jpg
    ENG4G-TSKIT.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • fitomodena.jpg
    fitomodena.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
The kit from bicycle-engines includes the threaded adapter, ditch the cheap spindle and caged bearings. The kit from sbp includes the sealed bottom bracket cartridge that'll screw into the bicycle-engines adapter.

Got the bike and engine. Mailed in my application for CA Special Motorized Bicycle Plates.
Ordered the shift kit and everything except USNF approved Spark Arrestor, Larger fuel tank, Back rack, Rear light, & Thorn resistant tubes.
I'll start the build next week (or whenever the Shift Kit arrives).

Last edited:
Dot helmets are a bit of a joke, at least from a certification point of view, you can do the test in-shop and tell the dot it passed, even if it didn't, at least Snell goes through the paces to approve a helmet. Not saying the dot helmet is no good, just saying it's odd to rely on a system that has really no checks and balances that can actually guarantee that the helmet isn't a total piece of crap.

Maybe I shouldn't say it like that, they do test helmets at random (because otherwise the system would be total bs) and hope they can catch non compliant manufacturers, but it doesn't stop the helmets from getting out into circulation, I could see it being difficult for Mr US Gov to fine and expect payment from some random overseas manufacturer who ships crates of cheap helmets to the US now and then, assuming an employee would even come across one to test by random chance.

At least you are planning on wearing something, too many people forgo the feature and pay for it with death, brain damage, or a nose that looks like it belongs to Liam Neeson.

California allows 2 automatically shifting gears, no manual shifting on a motorized bicycle. Also, are you planning on doing a lot of off-roading?

Back