Fitting a 48cc into a 26" Roadmaster granite peak

Z

zestyzepbra

I have seen people do this but I am at a bit of a loss for the best way to proceed. The angle near the crank is too acute for what the engine mounts were designed for so either the seat tube or bottom tube is not at the same angle as their respective engine mounts. Ie the engine wants a 60 degree angle but the frame is 50. I already need to build an offset intake manifold to fit the carb.

The bottom tube requires the universal mount as it is larger but that pushes the engine up and makes it difficult to fit the spark plug, although I have not flipped the slant head which will help. In any case the angle of the mount is pretty off. I could grind the original engine mount wider so it would fit but I wont be able to get the bolts in without drilling or denting the frame which I would like to avoid.

I was considering removing the spacer on the seat tube mount and replacing it with a short piece of stiff polymer or something like that but I would like some input. That would help me fit everything better. I hope this made some sense. Does anyone have recommendations?

Yeah I think you are on the right track. If you have clearance for the clutch arm and cable (and anything else I haven't thought of) then maybe taking some material off the stock rear mount spacer would give you the clearance at the front so you can keep the engine low. The front uni mount will then solve the angle issue, once you bend it to the angle you need. :)

Back