Flames out of bike

One team of German researchers remarked, "Repeated firesetting, resulting from being fascinated by fire, etc., may be less a disturbance of impulse control but rather the manifestation of a psychoinfantilism, which, supported by alcohol abuse, extends into older age." Pyromania is considered a relatively rare impulse-control disorder in the adult population in North America

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Py-Z/Pyromania.html#ixzz4MXASZ1Wy

Freud described it as a manifestation of "aberrant psychosexual development"
It is none of that it's just fun.

One team of German researchers remarked, "Repeated firesetting, resulting from being fascinated by fire, etc., may be less a disturbance of impulse control but rather the manifestation of a psychoinfantilism, which, supported by alcohol abuse, extends into older age." Pyromania is considered a relatively rare impulse-control disorder in the adult population in North America

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Py-Z/Pyromania.html#ixzz4MXASZ1Wy

Freud described it as a manifestation of "aberrant psychosexual development"
All I saw was the word sex.

Is this a problem or does that mean I'm just a healthy young man?

I haven't even touched my copy of the anarchists cookbook since I got out of high school
Interesting, we might be onto a psychological breakthrough here, and to think it all started with great advice from adults on how a 17 year old should set himself on fire...

OK maybe not so much of a breakthrough actually..

I had a fire breather befor i used a stock pipe cut off the tipp and removed baffles ran some brake cable thru it and once the cable gets red hot it ignites the unburnt fuel kinda like a nitro engines glow plug. The thing shot flames 4 inches out the pipe and when you let off the throttle massive bursts of flames shoot out about 1ft almost melted a tire once but it kills the powerband and performance of the engine does look awesome tho

I had a street legal 2004 Husaberg 450 who's exhaust used to glow red hot at night. Most street bike use double lined pipes to keep the chrome from burning off. Not the Husaberg, just red hot stainless steel. Many motorcycles I've owned could be shut off while coasting and would backfire when turned back on. Not a good way to win friends or influence anything in a good way. Four strokes are notorious for running fire down the pipe and blowing out the occasional spark or flaming backfire. I remember a friend's bike that would sputter flames as he decelerated into every corner on a hot ride.

I am going to use a extra long exhaust pipe will that still melt my tires if I shoot flames out?

Last time I checked, heat does not melt the type of rubber used in tires. You can't test this by holding a propane torch next to your tire for a few minutes or a better test is to place a tire in your mom's oven and set it to broil. It wont melt.

Last edited:
Back