Flashlight/Headlamp advice needed

steelfan41

Local time
7:48 PM
I have a 3 way LED flashlight style bicycle headlight. The problem I'm having is the contact doesn't seem to stay closed when riding. My guess is the vibration is causing it to lose contact. It goes from being plenty bright to barely bright enough to see your hand 1 foot away. Are there any old tricks to make the contacts stay together better? I bought electrical lube hoping it would conduct power if the spring moved...fail. :eek: This isn't a permanent fixture but I need it to last for another 2 months until I can get the light system I want. My next thought was maybe solder the spring to the battery plate. I ride a lot at night so this is of importance to me, thanks in advance for any help. :cool:

First of all- your LED uses DC- your white wire produces AC. Half the current is being utilized. Second- voltage is split between motor and light. Voltage requirements of the motor fluctuates considerably. So does the output of the white wire. Get rechargable batteries, put them in a case, cut off the white wire and call it good.
the Old Sgt.

My Bad!!! I now properly read your thread- not sure what the issue is here, soldering a connection might be the ticket.
the Old Sgt.

i'm vibrating flashlights to death. Plenty of light (27 leds) but a couple uses and they go brite and dim then nothing. i put rubber in clamps to same thing. Anyone else know what would make this work. Bike headlights i found were a sad joke thx J

Back