Flat Tire

Search

Local time
8:56 AM
I don't have a flat yet... knock on wood... but I was wondering if you got a flat far away from home, how would be the best way of taking the tires off since you can't flip a motor bike upside down... Just trying to prepare for the inevitable... the rear wheel comes off the ground w/ the kickstand, so that helps... I carry plies with me to disconnect the quick links... Just curious if anyone has any tips...

Has anyone had luck with flatout in their tires? I've used it multiple times and it's never worked for me.... then again, I might not be putting enough in the tire

I personally, carry a Huffy Quick Change tube.

1684075400051.png

I just find a price of wood or a rock or even a bag or coat to prop up the back end of the bike to keep the derailleur from hitting the ground and then I change a tire as normal

Look at the end of it.

That's actually a pretty genius idea... How do they hold up though?

I was looking at the Tannus Armor inserts... I like that they say (who knows if it's true) that you can drive home with the flat... Obviously I wouldn't be tearing it up on the way but I could limp it home to get it on the bike stand...

I wish I could calculate how much time I've spent changing tubes in the past 2-3 years... Also don't want to calculate the $$$ I've spent on the damn things lol

The tennis armor I would trust to help prevent flats, but not to ride on a flat. The best route is using some of the puncture proof tube liners and some slime filled tubes. I've gone over some road debris, goat heads, a d even had a drywall screw stuck in it at one point, and it hasn't gone flat.

That's actually a pretty genius idea... How do they hold up though?

I was looking at the Tannus Armor inserts... I like that they say (who knows if it's true) that you can drive home with the flat... Obviously I wouldn't be tearing it up on the way but I could limp it home to get it on the bike stand...

I wish I could calculate how much time I've spent changing tubes in the past 2-3 years... Also don't want to calculate the $$$ I've spent on the damn things lol
I use the HQC tube like a donut on a car. Once I get home I change out the tube and put the HQC back in my box. I simply replace cheap tubes rather than patching them.

I don't have a flat yet... knock on wood... but I was wondering if you got a flat far away from home, how would be the best way of taking the tires off since you can't flip a motor bike upside down... Just trying to prepare for the inevitable... the rear wheel comes off the ground w/ the kickstand, so that helps... I carry plies with me to disconnect the quick links... Just curious if anyone has any tips...

Has anyone had luck with flatout in their tires? I've used it multiple times and it's never worked for me.... then again, I might not be putting enough in the tire
It was 7 or eight years ago I started using Kevlar tires and extra thick, Slime filled tubes on my bikes here in the hot desert full of goatheads and mesquite thorns that took out my normal tires every two or three days or so.

Since running this combination, I have never had any flats or even slow leaks since.

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Comfort-Glide-Bike-Tires/dp/B07PKDL4LZ

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-30045-Self-Sealing-Schrader-1-75-2-125/dp/B000ENMLFK/ref=pd_bxgy_vft_none_img_sccl_2/144-2551510-7786450?content-id=amzn1.sym.26a5c67f-1a30-486b-bb90-b523ad38d5a0&psc=1

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back