Flat Tire

It was 7 or eight years ago I started using Kevlar tires and extra thick, Slime filled tubes on my bikes here in the hot desert full of goatheads and mesquite thorns that took out my normal tires every two or three days or so.

Since running this combination, I have never had any flats or even slow leaks since.

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Comfort-Glide-Bike-Tires/dp/B07PKDL4LZ

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-30045-Self-Sealing-Schrader-1-75-2-125/dp/B000ENMLFK/ref=pd_bxgy_vft_none_img_sccl_2/144-2551510-7786450?content-id=amzn1.sym.26a5c67f-1a30-486b-bb90-b523ad38d5a0&psc=1
I had a similar setup on my old bike, just add some tube liners and that's what I was running.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I don't have a flat yet... knock on wood... but I was wondering if you got a flat far away from home, how would be the best way of taking the tires off since you can't flip a motor bike upside down... Just trying to prepare for the inevitable...

Center Stand
DSCF1673.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1681.JPG
    DSCF1681.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF1678.JPG
    DSCF1678.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF1688.JPG
    DSCF1688.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 75
Would one of thkse bolt on to my huffy? I'm looking for somting really sturdy
Yes...This is the one I used on my Huffy...After the frame broke, I transferred it onto my Hyper...I have had it now for about 6 or 7 years now to the best of my memory...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
One time on my old ebike, I was running the slime tubes and as I was going down the sidewalk one day, out of nowhere I lost control of my bike and flew off a good six feet or so.. upon inspection the tube had like softballed up (guess it punctured and sealed weird) and then it threw the tire off the rim from softballing, while I was riding...
Haven't run slime tubes since...

One time on my old ebike, I was running the slime tubes and as I was going down the sidewalk one day, out of nowhere I lost control of my bike and flew off a good six feet or so.. upon inspection the tube had like softballed up (guess it punctured and sealed weird) and then it threw the tire off the rim from softballing, while I was riding...
Haven't run slime tubes since...
If the tube was more than 2 years old this can happen...Right on the box they come in, they warn you that the Slime in the tube is only good for two years.

Ps...The Slime will no longer be a liquid but turn into a semi-solid when it gets old in the tube...If the bike wheels haven't been turning due to non use after it starts to solidify, it will congeal at the bottom of the tire resulting in your softball effect you are describing.

If the tube was more than 2 years old this can happen...Right on the box they come in, they warn you that the Slime in the tube is only good for two years.

Ps...The Slime will no longer be a liquid but turn into a semi-solid when it gets old in the tube...If the bike wheels haven't been turning due to non use after it starts to solidify, it will congeal at the bottom of the tire resulting in your softball effect you are describing.
I'm not sure how long the tube sat on the shelf before I purchased it but it was only installed on my bike for a few weeks... max 6 weeks.. before this happened... Do they have any sort of expiration date (for lack of better term) on the box?

Back