Flat Tire

If the tube was more than 2 years old this can happen...Right on the box they come in, they warn you that the Slime in the tube is only good for two years.

Ps...The Slime will no longer be a liquid but turn into a semi-solid when it gets old in the tube...If the bike wheels haven't been turning due to non use after it starts to solidify, it will congeal at the bottom of the tire resulting in your softball effect you are describing.
Not too concerned about that happening right now. By the time my tubes are 2 years old I'll be graduated and going to western welding academy. I sadly probably won't be able to take my bike with me.

My interpretation of whats written on the box is two years once air has entered the tube through the sealed schrader valve which would then activate the Slime to do it's job, but I also believe it important to not let a bike sit so long between uses so the Slime does not pool up in one spot in the tube either.

I'm not sure how long the tube sat on the shelf before I purchased it but it was only installed on my bike for a few weeks... max 6 weeks.. before this happened... Do they have any sort of expiration date (for lack of better term) on the box?
Tubes with slime are good for 2 years,
Bottles of slime have a 2 year expiration from date of purcahse
There is also a date of manufacture by the price code

I don't have a flat yet... knock on wood... but I was wondering if you got a flat far away from home, how would be the best way of taking the tires off since you can't flip a motor bike upside down... Just trying to prepare for the inevitable... the rear wheel comes off the ground w/ the kickstand, so that helps... I carry plies with me to disconnect the quick links... Just curious if anyone has any tips...

Has anyone had luck with flatout in their tires? I've used it multiple times and it's never worked for me.... then again, I might not be putting enough in the tire
My answer as I'm currently. Battling. A ever + present rear flat tire is I have a bike mount hitch on my van and I'm leaving it there. My key for my van stays in it as the door key is a different key altogether. I'm only 6 miles from. My PT job but 13 miles one way from my. Full time job. Kinda out in the woods ish. So my back door is unlocked and if people make it past my dogs they can get a door key. Get my van and help me, usually because I've called them asked them to locate the key and bring the van, I load the bike to the bicycle rack and drive home but it's typically my fiance who rescues me so I don't have any experience on the roadside I find myself slowly walking in the direction of home pushing the bike and looking defeated.
I got the bike motorized so I can save up cash to replace the motor in my car. I let me fiences drive the van or keep it parked to save on gas and keep its miles low... and walking home. Knowing I'm running the van just makes me sad.
I have looked into spare tubes and. Quick fill CO2 cartridges but I don't think it's safe to load a already heavy motorized bike with wrenches, spares patches and ect. I am a bit concerned about over weighting my bikes

My answer as I'm currently. Battling. A ever + present rear flat tire is I have a bike mount hitch on my van and I'm leaving it there. My key for my van stays in it as the door key is a different key altogether. I'm only 6 miles from. My PT job but 13 miles one way from my. Full time job. Kinda out in the woods ish. So my back door is unlocked and if people make it past my dogs they can get a door key. Get my van and help me, usually because I've called them asked them to locate the key and bring the van, I load the bike to the bicycle rack and drive home but it's typically my fiance who rescues me so I don't have any experience on the roadside I find myself slowly walking in the direction of home pushing the bike and looking defeated.
I got the bike motorized so I can save up cash to replace the motor in my car. I let me fiences drive the van or keep it parked to save on gas and keep its miles low... and walking home. Knowing I'm running the van just makes me sad.
I have looked into spare tubes and. Quick fill CO2 cartridges but I don't think it's safe to load a already heavy motorized bike with wrenches, spares patches and ect. I am a bit concerned about over weighting my bikes
Read this reply in link below from your other thread about popping tires as it relates to this post of yours.

Back