flat tires a problem? i have a solution that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Snarl

Local time
9:55 AM
so i used to get flats, every dang ride almost. i would carry a kit to patch or a spare tube with me. here in the inner city ( moved here cause work was an hour away and i got tired of the drive) people are trash. they bust bottles up on the sidewalks and street because they are to drunk to find a trash can. well i found this company called tannus industries, and they make some kick butt solid tires ( only ones i found tht work and feel like a real tire, no shifty feeling or squishy sag to them), but what i wanna talk about is the tire inserts they have. they come in all kinds of sizes. they are like a superman version of the tuffy's. they are 15mm thick and have 2mm wings. they cover the whole tube under the tire. they stop glass, nails, thorns, pretty much everything. i've even rode with a sliced tire and made it back. an if you do happen to actually get a flat, they work as a slow speed run flat too. i've used them on road and on the trails. i haven't had one flat since i installed them. going on well over 4,000 miles on one set of them. i've replaced tires tht worn many times, but the insert is holding up great. i've ran over many a pints of whiskey and beer bottles galore ( had no other way around), and they are still working great. they are a fair price too. check them out. i am not affiliated with them in any way and don't give a hoot if anyone buys them. i'm just a customer tht found they have the best product on the market. if you don't buy them, i don't really care at all. if you do try them, you'll be hooked like i am. saves a ton of money and frustration, it's why i'm letting y'all know these things exist. i think the company is like 2 years old, so it hasn't gotten to much word of mouth yet. i will say all the solid tires and the inserts i have bought from them, are still on the road today.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of "solid" tires myself, I've found them to ride odd, but I'm sure they have advanced a bit since I last test-rode a bike with them. I'm a die-hard Slime user, for over 30 years now, but that stuff aint for everyone. It can be troublesome to remember to orient the valve stem properly, there's always an extra mess to clean up when flat-time does arrive, and you can't patch the tubes anymore. I've put 6-digit miles on Slime'd tires tho, and I find that it usually works anywhere that isn't below freezing. Stan's NoTubes system is sposed to be pretty dang good, too, a few friends of mine swear by it. Haven't tried it yet, myself.

The Tannus Armour you're talking about intrigued me tho, so I looked it up. Definitely a few steps up from the Mr. Tuffy-type liners many of us have used. The weight isn't too bad, either, at 300g per liner for a 26x2-2.5 tire liner. Looks like it recommends you use a smaller tube than normal for the tire size, which would help offset some of the weight gain. Thick fat tubes sure are heavy, and heavy wheels definitely affect acceleration and braking.

The price tho...ugh. $40 per liner is kinda rough, the price of 2 liners is equal or a bit more than a Stan's NoTubes system. 1 liner cost more than 2 of my CST 1218 tires, which have only seen 1 flat in 6 years with Slime and aren't worn out yet. Not saying that the Tannus Armour isn't worth it tho, it's always nice to have more options to roll on.

https://tannusamerica.com/ if anyone wants to eyeball their stuff.

Attachments

• Tannus.jpg
    Tannus.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 241
Maybe you should be a salesman. After reading your post I bought two of the Tannus Armour. Thank you for that information.

Maybe you should be a salesman.

flat tires a problem? i have a solution that works

DUCT TAPE, that's right get rid of that 19th century rubber and slap that DUCT TAPE RIGHT ON, Twenty or more rolls should do and if you want extra toughness GORILLA TAPES GOT YA BACK.

miss that rubber feel and smell WELL don't fret FLEX SEAL THAT s**t right on there thats right not only will you have Twenty rolls of duct tape but also 10 cans of flex seal so in the end you'll have military grade Bike tires TODAY!!!!

2 kinds of people in the world, those that love slime and those that hate it. Slimers love to fix flats and the others would rather ride.

As to the OP, I respect your opinion on the solid tire you love but none yet have caught the attention of the masses. I believe there are issues with solid tires that air filled tires do not have to deal with. Folks have been trying for over a 100 years to make a solid tire that would work for cars/bicycles and it hasn't happened yet. Tire liners, thorn resistant tube and a Kevlar lined tire = success.

Slimers love to fix flats and the others would rather ride.

That doesn't make any sense. You're saying that people who use Slime love to fix flats? Usually don't have to fix them, the Slime does it.

I've done plenty of riding on Slime'd tubes without fixing flats, well over 100,000 miles.

Tire liners, thorn resistant tube and a Kevlar lined tire = success.

Sure, and I've had plenty of success with just tubes and Slime. To each their own.

That doesn't make any sense. You're saying that people who use Slime love to fix flats? Usually don't have to fix them, the Slime does it.

I've done plenty of riding on Slime'd tubes without fixing flats, well over 100,000 miles.

Sure, and I've had plenty of success with just tubes and Slime. To each their own.

but have you tried duct tape tires o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back