flat tires a problem? i have a solution that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Ah Your Forgetting The Flex Seal That adds more weight to the tape my good sir :p:p

2, I said Twenty or more not two rolls you can't have a good looking tire with just Two rolls of quack tape gotta get at LEAST twenty rolls in there :p

Edit: i think imma make a Quack Tape Tire and see how well it works and how long it lasts before it breaks apart lol and post my progress and how well it worked lol

wear gloves when riding. i'd like to see a video of tht tire in action. maybe do an offroad model with studs, for ice and snow and mud. lol

1.Ah Your Forgetting The Flex Seal That adds more weight to the tape my good sir :p:p

2, I said Twenty or more not two rolls you can't have a good looking tire with just Two rolls of quack tape gotta get at LEAST twenty rolls in there :p

Edit: i think imma make a Quack Tape Tire and see how well it works and how long it lasts before it breaks apart lol and post my progress and how well it worked lol

you ever seen those russian guys tht make spiked tires. they cut and weld spikes on to rims and go drive it. lol

wear gloves when riding. i'd like to see a video of tht tire in action. maybe do an offroad model with studs, for ice and snow and mud. lol

I mean it works for a car and ATV why not a bike

Edit

Duct tape Motorcycle we where beat

but there fatal flaw is no flex seal

heavy? you just added a 25 to 50 lb engine and another 10 -20 lbs for tank and gear. a lb or two more isn't gonna be noticed. lol

or should i say roll or two? lmao
My engine with all the extras weighs about 21 pounds, and about 3 pounds for fuel. The problem with your suggestion is you're adding weight at the rims of the wheels, which makes the acceleration that much slower.

And those airless tires ride like crap.

I stick with my Kevlar belted tires and thorn-proof tubes, thanks..

My engine with all the extras weighs about 21 pounds, and about 3 pounds for fuel. The problem with your suggestion is you're adding weight at the rims of the wheels, which makes the acceleration that much slower.

And those airless tires ride like crap.

I stick with my Kevlar belted tires and thorn-proof tubes, thanks..

i can tell you haven't tried the one's i am talking about. they lock to the rim with a special set up ( just like a real tire) and feel just like a real tire. they weight about as much as a regular tire. you aren't even gonna notice the extra weight. you seem to have the old hard foam tires stuck in your head, these are not those tires. they have a money back promise, try checking them out before you knock them. would be like me saying, only coaster brakes work for these bikes. after only building beach cruisers and using coaster brakes.

oh and the best part, they come in different colors!!

Last edited:
"Locking to the rim with a special setup" sounds like they're hard to mount and dismount. I've dealt with airless tires far too many times as a paid bike mechanic. None of any of these 'fabulous, new, no flat airless tires!' has been worth the trouble they cause.

You can't pay me enough to work with them, they damage rims when mounting and dismounting, as a tube they never fit the tires they're installed within, they ride terribly, and weigh way far too much.

No, not convinced.

well yeah it has to be to " lock" to the rim. a tire has a " bead". the air forces the " bead" against the rim. these use a clip tht holds the tire and replaces the " bead". can't expect to just throw a floppy tire on a bike and ride, lol. you're missing out though. they haven't damaged any of my rims. they say not to reuse the clips, don't tell them, i do a few times. since they have colors, i like to switch out to match what ever i'm doing. tool is like ten bucks, or make your own. it just snaps the clip in to the rim. really though you should take a look at them before going " no. no. no."

oh and as for weighing far to much. my fast bike hit 51.8 mph wearing the inserts and super thick tubes. each rim has more rubber than air. i ride it on the trails, the sidewalks, bike paths, streets. other bikes wear just the tires, had no problems. no weird feeling. feels like a tires, maybe even a little placebo effect of smoothness. i do know they will never go flat on me. lol. 35mph are most my bikes, tires hold up fine. not the best snow and ice tire though. probably wanna use a better tire for tht.

Last edited:
I finished installing the Tannus Armor inserts in the rear and front tires of my 212cc faker felt cruiser. Schwalbe marathon plus 26 x 2.25 with slime super thick I think 26 x 1.75-2.15 with a goodyear heavy duty tube sliced open and wrapped that over the slime tube. A lot of rubber. It's everything Karl Snarl said it is. I went a good 40mph. It was dark and I have no reflectors and no lights. Cruised for about ten minutes. The ride is very smooth. No different around turns as a regular air tire. I am confident that I can go 50mph with these inserts without any difference than a regular air tire. Thank you for mentioning this product.

I finished installing the Tannus Armor inserts in the rear and front tires of my 212cc faker felt cruiser. Schwalbe marathon plus 26 x 2.25 with slime super thick I think 26 x 1.75-2.15 with a goodyear heavy duty tube sliced open and wrapped that over the slime tube. A lot of rubber. It's everything Karl Snarl said it is. I went a good 40mph. It was dark and I have no reflectors and no lights. Cruised for about ten minutes. The ride is very smooth. No different around turns as a regular air tire. I am confident that I can go 50mph with these inserts without any difference than a regular air tire. Thank you for mentioning this product.

they will hold 50mph all day long if the bike can do it. i regularly ride them 45mph on long runs. they were on the bike i hit my fastest speed with at 52mph ( 51.8mph to be exact). i still haven't gotten a flat since installing. eaten two tires worth of tread, and no flat yet.

Just do what I do: Buy crappy mountain bikes off fb marketplace/craigslist with your wheel size for $10-20, swap your flats for the probably bald and crappy but NOT FLAT tires of the cheap bike, then resell the bike. Free, somewhat dangerous but usable tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back