Flex Tube Exhaust - Looking for recommendation

yuckfoo

Local time
2:27 PM
My kit exhaust will not fit without bending the tube. I don't have a garage full of tools so rather than bother with that I am looking for an exhaust with a flex tube. I am not concerned with high end performance. I am more concerned with something that looks nice and has a flex tube so I don't have to worry about bending the pipe. Thanks.

Just discovered "rigid tube bending cord" ... made of silicone. Sounds a lot easier and less messy than packing a tube with sand. If I can find the right size I'll probably go with this solution. But, just in case, I'd still love to see some recommendations on alternative flex tube exhaust systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if you could use diesel heater exhaust pipe? It's stainless steel with about a 1" ID. About $10 on eBay.

I believe the stainless "1" inch exhaust pipe would work. It's
worth a try.

I explored trying to use flex pipe and making my own exhaust. When you don't have a welder, it makes it hard to put together, you gotta find a way to seal it, and it might not look very pretty. You gotta find a way to attach the flange too and have enough room for the nut or bolt to screw it on.

The diesel heaters use the wire type hose clamps to attach the pipe. The pipe wall is thin enough that the wire type clamp can deform the steel to make an air tight seal.

Back