Flip flop hub

Daniel1801

Local time
12:41 PM
can I use a flip flop hub that track bikes use to have the motor drive the left side and pedal right side ?

Flip flop has 10mm axle, but CW threads on both sides.

Bi-drive (bmx freestyle) has CCW threads on the left side but a 14mm axle.

Grubee HD hubs are made for motorising. Has the axle you want and the thread direction you need to fit a left side freewheel. (There are a few different options to choose from I think.)

If you are getting a bump start 2-stroke kit and then you might as well get a disc compatible hub with the common 6 hole rotor mount. You can bolt a top hat adapter straight to that and bolt the sprocket to the adapter. It will start the engine and be driven by the engine because it is a fixed sprocket bolted on, not threaded on.

There are a number of similar threads on this subject shown below.

they make a top hat adapter for disk & sprocket - they make a sprocket drilled for 6 bolt brake mount

jeez, there must be about 1000 posts here about why folks like one or other & which ones they like

I believe that folks should start by building a dead simple bike first before trying fancy stuff AND never do either without reading all the crap we spend hours putting up here on the forum. [/end old fart rant]

Back