Flooded 35cc Subaru?

billtheeviltwin

Local time
10:33 AM
When I first mounted my new 35cc Subaru to my bike frame, the engine was tilted away from the bike because of the way the bike frame was shaped. It worked great except I ran out of gas after 4 miles. I surmised that because the engine was tilted, it wasn't getting gas from the gas line in the tank. So, I put in .25 of gas and drove home. I then was able make the frame straight up and down. Problem solved.

So, I wasn't able to ride it for 2 days. In that 2 days, I left the On/Off switch on. When I rode it this morning. It would sputter after 1 block. I looked at the priming bulb and it was completely full of gas. I didn't have time to mess with it so I drove to work. I am guessing it is flooded. How do I un-flood it?

Nevermind. I came home after work and some of the gas was gone from the bulb. I started it up and slowly drive around and then was eventually able to ride at full speed without it dying. I guess I should have just kept riding it. Oh well, I'm a newbie. I have to say. This is one fun ride.:eek:

Well, today I came to work on the bike and it was sluuuuuuuggggish all the way. It quit about 7 or 8 times. It still has that bubble full of gas. I am guessing I am going to have to take the carb off to fix this problem.

Ok. I got it fixed. I pulled both lines to the gas tank. Ran the engine til it quit and re-hooked up the lines. When I ran it over lunch, it ran like a champ.

No. My filter is not getting soaked with gas, but I did notice that it was had a little oil on it. Otherwise, it runs awesome.

billtheeviltwin -- how many miles would you say you have on your Subaru ? I have prox 500 miles. Went to buy a new plug yesterday -- there is a new thread - Hot Plug Hole In Piston. I have a slight miss (loss of power) going on -- next going to pull the two hoses to gas tank you mention. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Back