Flooded 4 stroke!

Me and my bikes drink, but not at the same time.🤔
I think I might join you with some Toxic Waste (20%)

16815148960637268483322130151502.jpg

When I first moved to Rockwood no gas station sold ethanol free gas. Around every 4-6 months I was having to clean clogged jets in my bike's diaphragm carburetor. I also had to clean jets in my lawn equipment as well. Two years ago a station started selling 100% gas. I haven't cleaned a carburetor since. In Oak Ridge I only used a 100% gas in my bike and lawn equipment; I never had to clean any of the carbs.

Granted if ethanol sits it causes more damage quicker. However, even when it's run through regularly, damage such as tarnish build-up is still happening.
I always just throw marvels mystery oil through em and it clears em out

Thats an old farmers tractor trick...lol...lol.
It works for me. I'm assuming climate also contributes to what works and what doesn't. I can run ethanol fuel just fine, I found that dust and dirt is what clogs up the diaphragms on weedwackers around where I live. A simple clean put or just a new 20 dollar carb and they are back up and running, then turn around and sell it for 50 bucks. I've done this with a couple of good stilth weedwackers put of the garbage and made a good profit from it.

So a little history. I'm running a 49cc hausheng on a hyper beach cruiser, it's my second engine now as I actually couldn't figure out the removal of the piston. The first one just needs a new oil ring for the piston and it should be up and running again! Well long story short the new one slowly began to stop running. I narrowed it down to a clogged fuel line. Now she's just flooded and for the life of me I can't seem to get it to run I've let it sit change spark plugs the whole nine yards it sounds for almost a split second like it wants to kick over but it won't anybody got a suggestion on a fast way to get it to dry out other than taking the engine off and flipping it over? I'm hoping it's flooded after draining it this morning it seemed like there was gas in the oil res🤷

BTW I'm out right now, so I'll post pics when I get back. If anyone sees this thank you!!!
Gravity fed fuel. I'd check the float/needle to see if it's seating properly. If it isn't gas will find its way into the chamber and crankcase. That float/needle is the only thing preventing that fuel flow when sitting.. Assuming you don't have an inline fuel shut off.

Back