Florida law that may help you understand

Enough BS, I always state it pushes me, just look at my 25-page thread called "6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer". I state facts, and have everything to back them up.

The trailer is pulled by a powered vehicle, MAN power. So what if I have the option for it to push me as well. Even a non-powered trailer pushes the vehicle in front of it when you stop pulling it! That's right. It's still a trailer by definition, regardless how you try to twist it.

And the law is not meant to be interpreted, it's meant to be complied with. If they made a law about motorized push trailers, I'd have to comply with them, but until then, I'll take full advantage of the freedom!

"we ALL know you're full of it" Oh, so you are the spokesperson for everyone now, HAHAHA horrible claim of social proof there. Got any more psyche tricks for an Znsane person? hahaha!

I don't give a hoot about what you claim any "Normal" person may do. Apparently normal people think it's a pressure washer too, does that mean I can wash houses with it? Normal is a relative word, it doesn't mean jack.

Just accept the fact we (I mean "we" as in riders here) will continue to ride, and we will get our licenses as need be, and you don't have to be authoritarian about it, being you have no authority anyway. Just let it be, and let us ride. You can't tell us what to do.

Last edited:
Enough BS, I always state it pushes me, just look at my 25-page thread called "6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer". I state facts, and have everything to back them up.

The trailer is pulled by a powered vehicle, MAN power. So what if I have the option for it to push me as well. Even a non-powered trailer pushes the vehicle in front of it when you stop pulling it! That's right. It's still a trailer by definition, regardless how you try to twist it.

And the law is not meant to be interpreted, it's meant to be complied with. If they made a law about motorized push trailers, I'd have to comply with them, but until then, I'll take full advantage of the freedom!

"we ALL know you're full of it" Oh, so you are the spokesperson for everyone now, HAHAHA horrible claim of social proof there. Got any more psyche tricks for an Znsane person? hahaha!

I don't give a hoot about what you claim any "Normal" person may do. Apparently normal people think it's a pressure washer too, does that mean I can wash houses with it? Normal is a relative word, it doesn't mean jack.

Just accept the fact we (I mean "we" as in riders here) will continue to ride, and we will get our licenses as need be, and you don't have to be authoritarian about it, being you have no authority anyway. Just let it be, and let us ride. You can't tell us what to do.

I called the Florida Statute (legislature) group and they told me, that the laws that are in place (in terms of Motor Vehicles and Driver's Licensing) are meant to be interpreted by the Highway and Safety Motor Vehicle department for use in determining the aforementioned. (They went so far as it call it "guide lines to be interpreted", THEIR TERMS, not mine.), so unfortunately, you're wrong about that.

And what if, you have a Pinto attached to your bicycle? So lets see, you start up the car's engine, then start riding your bicycle and start pulling the car, then at some point, you stop pulling it and have gas applied to the Pinto's engine from a control on your bicycle, so now you are controlling the automobile's motor with the control, so with your statement, you don't think you're driving a car, you're calling it a pusher-trailer? NO? You just happen to be sitting on the bicycle in front of it, controlling the direction of travel. (albeit, probably with limited action). It's behind you, you were pulling it with human muscle power (so by your definition, it's considered a "trailer"), but now you're tired and you start the car's engine/motor and have it push you and now you can go even 400 miles without refueling! That, my friend is a what you are considering a non-motorized bicycle? That's not a non-motorized bicycle, that a car pushing a bicycle, although that's a strange way of doing it.

Get Real.
(Now I know that it's a little exaggerated, but that's basically what you are saying.)
And YES your idea is a different mode of transportation that you believe hasn't been identified as of yet, but it's A LOT easier to just buy an electric motor and put it on your bike then to have a motorized pusher trailer that is only allowed to push you 20mph anyways.

One other guy who posted, said it the best... The current state of affairs is most likely, if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, then the powers that be (DMV) consider it must be a duck. So, basically, you've gotten to the point (at least in the area's that you travel) to have everyone saying, you're riding a duck! LOL

Good luck with that, and hopefully you can continue with your travels, safely, within a normal speed and not be bothered too much more.

Good ingenuity and hopefully it will give you many miles of travel.

Last edited:
That's simply your uneducated interpretation. NOWHERE stated by law. The law has no mention of bicycle trailers AT ALL, like I just said! If my trailer is self propelled, how would it go without the bicycle? The trailer does not go by itself, LOL!

Wrong again. The Drivetrain or Powertrain is not a frame in any form. My drivetrain is my Clutch, Belt, Pulley, and Axle on the trailer. The bicycle does not have drivetrain powered by the engine at all.

Regardless if I have a valid license or not, there are LOTS of people out there riding that would LOVE to have a license, but until they get a job, they can't afford one. Just because you lost your license, doesn't mean you have to be jealous of other people that have transportation that does not require one. Instead, be proud of them and learn from them. Are you out to ruin the MB cause?

Are you teaming up with diveondyck to bring this forum down?

I WILL DEFEND MBC AND OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE!

holy **** thats priceless!!!! DIVEONDYCK AND SANG NEED TO BE BANNED

i lost my license and now ride a mb til i get the license back finally i just bought a ninja 250 that i commute to the store with

holy **** thats priceless!!!! DIVEONDYCK AND SANG NEED TO BE BANNED

Actually there is another thread (which you've posted on) and if you've ACTUALLY read that other thread, you would know where we are at with that.

Regardless, if you are riding a bicycle with a gas motor attached to it, it's considered a Moped in terms of driving it on a public road and therefore you need a DL to ride it legally on said roads. (whether it needs to be tagged and or registered is a topic for a different thread, not this one)

Make any and all claims you want, twist the way you're using it any way you want, try to fake out everyone and anyone you want... In the end, either use an electric powered motor to propel your bicycle, stay under 20mph, where you don't need a DL or put a gas motor on it and go up to 30 mph and drive it legally with a DL or drive it (illegally) without a DL and get one over on "The Man".

Face it, if you're like me and did something to lose your license, then you need to pay for your mistake (like I did) and either clear it up and get your license back or don't clear it up. If someone did something wrong to lose their license, they have to pay for it. Deal with it.

Look at it this way, if the posted speed limit on a highway is 55 and you're doing 60mph (and who doesn't go at least THAT fast), you're doing something illegal. Just because a police officer won't pull you over for only doing 5 mph over the speed limit, that doesn't make what you're doing legal, now does it? No of course not.
If you don't like the laws of the state you live in, either try to get them changed or move to a state where the laws are more to your liking.

My .02

Last edited:
Back