Fluids

I just grease the clutch basket? That's really all I need to lube? This is what I'm asking. Motor came new, now what alI can I re seat with grease or what parts should I be sure are coated with grease.

Don't try to act superior or haha like I don't know.- This is how grudge matches get started 😉

Seriously tho- other than the clutch greasing pretty much everything stays dry?

Don't try to act superior or haha like I don't know.
NO ONE is trying to act superior here but instead was trying to be helpful...On a China Girl engines such as ours, lubrication for the engine and crankcase, trans. etc. is through the fuel system via gasoline and oil mix...Ratio preferred is 32:1, which is 4 ounces 2 cycle oil with one gallon of gas.

Any other lubing to do such as clutch gear lubing, clutch actuating bar, bump bar, and ball bearing etc. is just a dab of red and tacky or white lithium.

Nothing fancy here to do on a CG motor unless this bike is some sort of semi-pro or pro-racer, which in that case, you would probably build something special, not a CG...DAMIEN

Last edited:
This is how grudge matches get started
By the way...grudge matches, especially with old time mechanics that are answering you here in the forums, are actually really started when you say things like
Don't try to act superior or haha like I don't know.
That was not Wrench's intent, he was just trying to be helpful towards you...he doesnt know what your skill set is, or isnt...that is until you either tell us or we get to know you a little better down the road...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Mix the fuel 32:1 and run the damned thing before you piss someone off.
You don't put oil in the crankcase.

Mix the fuel 32:1 and run the damned thing before you piss someone off.
You don't put oil in the crankcase.
If the OP uses a 2t dirt bike with a trans, the trans takes some oil, but that oil doesn't go into the crankcase.
M/Bs don't have a trans or need oil in it.

Your used to a 2 stroke motor with a (assuming) multi-speed transmission (ie 4 5 or 6-speed transmission) those REQUIRE oil BECAUSE there a WET system (ie, clutch gets wet with oil, and so do the gears) those need oil because there manufactured that way (its a lot more complex, im simplifying things here)

these ebay 2 stroke motors DONT HAVE THAT, they ONLY HAVE A GEAR REDUCTION and a DRY clutch (very important here) the GEAR REDUCTION needs GREASE, NOT OIL (if you put oil in there you will DESTROY your clutch)

add grease to the gears and use premix to, well, you know, mix the gas (i recommend Amsoil)

Back