Fng

DiamondBack

Local time
10:39 AM
Now this is the kind of site I can get into! I'm still big into offroading sites, but have been getting seriously interested in motorizing a bike, for commuting, and for fun. So now that I've found what appears to be the be all that ends all questions for putting an engine on a bike, I see I have alot of researching to do. I have a Honda Trail ST90 engine that needs a piston and rings, that I want to put in a heavy framed mountain bike. I know that'll require a motorcycle license, which is fine, but I wonder what the DMV would say, when I show up with a 90cc mountain bike? :D I've also been thinking about looking for a wrecked but running 4stroke pocket bike, for another bike project

So, basic rundown of me - married almost 17yrs, 3 kids, 2 Broncos, a Scout II, and a Toyota pickup. Jack of all trades, Master of none, and welder/fabricator. Currently in between jobs(ha, unemployed). Also looking to get my house power and utilities as much off the grid as possible.

welcome aboard DB
sounds like it's going to be a way cool bike
can't wait to see what you build

Last edited:
Only a few hours since posting that, and I've already changed my mind. Already like the custom chopper style bikes

DiamondBack, first of all let me welcome you to our FAMILY forum. We have ladies and children here. So you're thread of "fng" is a little out of bounds. Please remember our family orientation in the future.

Welcome funny new guy.

hey thanks! Ma always told me looks will only take me so far, then I'd have to rely on talent.

* I did find my Honda 90 is WAY too big for a conventional mountain bike frame, so I might have to bend something up, myself

How fast are you guys getting, with your 40+cc engines?

Last edited:
Back