Fold Ups??

I couldn't tell you how they are,
but they sure look cool....
and us apartment dwellers could use something like that.

I'd like to see a fold up chopper...
Maybe my next project?

good idea....i live on the beach so instaed of locking it up i can fold it up and bring it along

I'm jealous... lemme know how it works if ya do get it, tho.

I paid $410 with shipping for this folding Downtube bike... but I'm gonna piece everything together myself. Harder, but prolly not better.

I'm guessing the engine's sprocket is just laced onto the wheel?? And, people have said rear suspension isn't the best for rear-mounted engines, but hopefully these folks have a great design. Who knows?

At least I have a 30 day money-back guarantee if I'm not happy. That's somethin' that's important for me.

I take it from this -- "Motor-drive freewheels when not in use. This allows for normal pedaling with zero added drag" -- that's pretty much the design I'd like if I'm reading it correctly. There are 2 freewheels, one for the motor & one for the pedals.

That's really good, plus it comes with a half gallon gas tank.

The only thing I don't like is that it only says 50mpg for a 33cc engine... it should be twice that, even for 20" tires.

??? I'd still really like to see it up close, tho... those pics are terribly crappy.

im not getting mine completly assembled im putting it togehter that if i get that also looking at spooky tooths violation im not sure if i want rack or frame mounted so i gotsta keep readin...but as for gettin a bike already put together for my 1st bike i dont think its a good idea putting it together will let you get a feel for all the parts and what they do...what motor are you puttin on that bike?

Well, if you're going with a folding bike... you have to get a rack-mounted 2-stroke. Rack because it won't fold [easily] if it's on the frame, and 2-stroke because oil will leak out of the crankcase with a 4-stroke that is tucked in an RV or something. Also, if you ever wanted to bring the bike on a plane... they don't allow used 4-strokes to come on the plane for this very reason -- leaking oil.

As for the motor I'm getting... it'd prolly be 30ccs to 40ccs, maybe even electric. I'd prolly go for the quietest engine I could find, really. For gas, I've heard of a Mitsubishi 42cc engine that's pretty quiet, but I'm sure it can't compare to a silent, brushless electric hub.

I'm going to enjoy the 30day money back guarantee with the bike, and just pedal for the first couple months at least. Then I'll prolly get the Mitsubishi 42cc or an electric hub w/battery. I just wanna ride for now, tho!! Come on UPS!!!

BTW, if anybody plans on buying one of the Downtube bikes, they have a $20 sale. At checkout, type in "sale" in their coupon redemption thingy.

Back