Fold Ups??

yea i know that i dont want a folding bike in particular...although it is probably the one i am going with it seems like its a good deal its only $100 more than your and it has a motor...the only thing holding me back is how small the motor is it says top speed is 25 its not thats not fast enough i just like to know it can go faster and i kinda wanted a cruising speed of 25-30 but with this bike cruise will probably be 20...i dont think it is because of the small engine cuz i have read of ppls 33cc bikes doing 35 im guessing it is the 20inch rims but that means it will climb hills better right?

i just called about them and the guy said the maker of the motor is "wind jammer" i think is what he said is this just some cheap motor that wont be any good?

I haven't been around here for much longer than you, but I hsaven't ever heard anything about a wind jammer motor. And once again, I can't lie... I almost like everything built together all at once for only $90 more. Even if it is only 60mph, It's a pretty d*am good deal either way. It just depends on what you want.

But once again, I'd double check that there were two freewheels for the motor and pedalling chain.... like it says for "normal pedaling with zero wheel drag".... that's the key setup outta the box, tho you don't have multiple internal gearing in the hub with the downtube. But other people here don't like rear suspension with rack-mounts. So it's really up to the tradeoffs you want, etc..

I certainly don't have all the answers, but again... maybe that company is on to a good design. Maybe it's cheap. I dunno where you wanna go because most options are too vage and unexplored at the moment.

Let us know what you do, tho!

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i unerstand ita all riders opinion but from what i have read (alot) rack mounts seem to be the most reliable with the least amount of tinkering i can fold it up throw it in my trunk take it to the beach/vaccations...i have read alot about the oils as long as they are syn. does it not matter is there a particualr brand i should use?

Here... I copied this from a GopedNation thread:

How To breakin your new 2 stroke engine

This question comes up often in this forum . Here is a tried and true method to correctly break-in your 2 stroke scooter engine .

Useing a high quality non-synthetic 2 stroke oil,
Vary your speed and avoid prolonged WOT .
(Wide Open Throttle)
Run your new engine 15 minutes at a time..
Let cool down and resume break-in.
Follow this same procedure for 1-2 tanks and then switch to a high quality Fully Synthetic 2 stroke oil...
Always Mix at 25:1 , (5.2 ozs per gallon )

And I wouldn't put too much worry into brands. Just pick somethin' and pour!

grndslm, The ad says 50 miles per tank (.5 gal.) = 100 mpg.
Seth, I vaguely recall someone dealing with this vendor. It seems like they were satisfied. Most of that style motor use one of 2 centrifugal clutches. The larger and better one is (I think) 73mm. If that is what the bike in the ad is running, there's a good chance that if the 33cc isn't powerful, or reliable, enough, a Mitsubishi, Robin/Subaru, or Tanaka would bolt on. If the top speed isn't enough, and you have more than enough bottom end power, you could probably change engine sprocket size (might require lengthening the chain, and possibly modifying housing.
Hope this helps. The price seems reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been fallowing this thread and am also eager to see more pics and maybe a short review on how this item performs for you.
Hunter

Back