Folks w/a predator 212cc how fast have you gone?

darwin

Local time
2:29 AM
Just curious, those typing from a hospital bed are welcome to reply also.

hahahaha
One guy, "how fast did I not go? I backed off it at 4400; It was the Fear Factor, you see..."
2nd guy, "I couldn't see my eyes were watering too bad!"

That's getting onto small motorbike territory, I find even the small motos in the 125cc range are a bit scary at 50 mph. Might as well buy a DS motorcycle

While I wouldn't recommend over ~30mph on a department store bicycle without getting into bigger upgrades, with the correct hubs/wheels/frame/brakes 60mph is not much. There are cheap Chinese mopeds do that completely road legal and safe.

If I was even thinking of a 212 predator build, it wouldn't be on a cheap frame and I would be looking to do at LEAST 50mph and register it. If not then you might as well just do a 2 stroke with a few mods and a shift kit and not deal with the giant heavy motor and all that torque.

In my opinion a gx120 would be better it’s only a little bigger than a 79cc and it can probably go 50 with some mods. I got a 212 for a mini chopper project though it will be faster than my 2 stroke bike I’m sure.

I guy I work with claims to have rode to 60mph with a Huffy before his wheel bearings went south. He was at a lesser speed when his wheels failed.

My curiosity is because a DR 200 will do about 75mph on the flats no wind.

My curiosity is because a DR 200 will do about 75mph on the flats no wind.

Suzuki DR 200 is an OHC with high compression ratio and big valves and performance cam timing. You could expect to get at least 18 hp or more with proper engine tweaks with a DR200. The 212 cc industrial engines are hard pressed to make over 8.5 HP in stock trim with a very restrictive carb and conservative sized and timed valves.

My 125 cc pitbike clone engined Honda makes 11 hp.

Back