For Sale..Clutch roller bracket for HT

I know that there are many out there that can make these on their own. This is for those that can't for what ever the reason.

This is a bolt on mod. This roller bracket will enable the rider to disengage the clutch with minimal effort. Once installed, the clutch can be disengaged with one (1) finger, the pinkie at that. On my bike I can disengage the clutch using 6# test mono fishing line.

These come with a 100% satisfaction guarentee...all you have to say is I want my money back...PERIOD..that is how good these are.

These are hand made by me. I use 3/4" angle iron, steel ball bearing roller, and grade 8.8 mounting hardware. Painted to either Silver, or Black. The only part that is not included in this mod is the cable case holder, which you will use from your own engine. $14.95 plus actual postage.

Shipping will generally be within 24 hours. If for any reason a longer time is needed you will be notified BEFORE payment.

Photos are as follows.. 1.The cable roller bracket itself 2.the original instillation and 3. the installed modification.

Thank You
Ronald V. Becker
Calera, Alabama USA

Attachments

• Roller.JPG
    Roller.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 965
  • Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 894
  • Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,732
I must say, we thought about making and selling such a thing in 2008, but didn't want to step on Large's toes. While Large had the early concepts, Al.fisherman executed. I think the last little while has seen the gloves come off.
Anyway, I still love the concept.

Hi Paul. I'm aware that Large Filipino probably came up with the idea, but unlike your shift kit, he didn't go into production then have it stolen out from under him. As you say, Ron was the one who executed.
I've kept clear of this argument. It's a bit different to the shift kit one, in my opinion.
Personally, after doing the pivot cam mod, I have no need for more leverage - mine's great now. Also did a bit of cleaning up and deburring on the clutch plates the other day. Much smoother as it engages and easier to take off without pedalling.
(Looking forward to testing the shift kit when it arrives.)

... Steve

Of course you are correct.

I'm still using the CE clutch kit with some mods. It's still not perfect, but better than stock. CE Jim had a winner there, but IMHO the throw was/is low and flexibility allowance for the nuances of the HT is a tough nut. Some folks never got it to work correctly and just went back to stock.

My new motor is REALLY stiff on the clutch. I am a big guy, and can work it, but I'd toss one of those on my bike too if you are still selling.

Been out of town since the 9th....Yes I'm still making them. Each is custom made. Available in either BLACK or SILVER. Need to know if you have or are planing to install a jackshaft kit as the mounting bolt needs to be longer then the one without. The price which includes shipping is $17.00. Send a PM and I'll reply as I'd like to have a record of transaction that I can refer to and addresses are not posted. There are days that 3 or 4 people want them and in this ole age of mine I have to recheck the order. I make them the day of payment and shipped the same day or the next, depending on time ordered, mail runs between noon and 3PM.

PayPal, personal check, MO...please no cash as I don't trust the Post Office. Prefer check or MO and avoid a hit from PayPal.

Just wanted to jump in with my opinion of this little bracket! Sure, it can be made pretty easy, but I do stay busy, and the option to pick one up was much faster than running around and getting the parts together.

I swapped to a new motor, and the clutch was STIFF! I'd say 9/10. I ride in heavy traffic, and spent a lot of time pulling the lever, and was looking for options.

I sent in my paypal, shipping was super-fast, arriving in Hawaii in only 3 days!

Al was thoughtful enough to even include the longer bolt I needed to install with my shift kit setup.

Installation was a breeze. Remove the clutch bolt, undo the cable, slap it up, and bolt it in. I did not have enough cable sticking out of the housing, so I pulled it out and cut about 4" off the housing with my handy dremel.

Clutch pull is 800X better! I would say 4/10. I still plan on rounding off the lever, but this is a great part. Especially with a shift kit, you really engage it like a motorcycle. This is not only easier to pull, but also more smooth on the release.

Mine looks a bit different than the early models, but I did not see any other way to put it on there. Works great!

Every bike should have one of these, no question!

Ed

Back