For some reason....

The_Aleman

...this song makes me think of the whole process of firing up a CG and going for a ride LOL

My Heart Beat Like A Hammer, by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, 1968

The_Aleman

Who's iteration tho? Elton's? I mean, there's a lot of ways to interpret classics such as Crocodile Rock!

Take "Louie Louie" for example. It started out as a calypso-style Jamaican sea-shanty written on a napkin in a diner back in 1955, recorded in '57 for $200. Then a screamed-at-the-mic 1963 cover of a 1961 re-arranged cover made news as a pretty crappy song. Now the Kingsmen's 1963 version is known best. The FBI, being the chuckleheads that they are, investigated the song for suspected indecency, didn't find any. The Kingsmen version is the only version with profanity, too - just before the 1 minute mark the drummer screams the F-word because he dropped his stick.

Original Louie Louie, recorded in 1957:

Rockin' Robin Roberts, 1961:

since we're here, my favorite version: Richard Berry's rare and super-smooth 1967 re-recording:

Louie is the bartender.

The_Aleman

The reason I made this thread was because the music in some songs reminds me of engines running.

An example would be like the Voodoo 5.2L in the GT350/GT350R sounding like angry thrash metal, no pun intended lol

But it sings...it sings a lot. Over 8K RPM it brings a tear to my eye it's so beautiful.

The_Aleman

Haha no, not really. The music part of that aint bad tho (I'm a fan of the 5,6,7,8's), they rock hard; the Japanese are dedicated and thus pretty good when it comes to doing anything they set their mind to. I totally respect that. They make great engines, games, food, and fighting styles. I'm just not a fan of their 2-faced culture, general perversion, hypocrisy in their xenophobia, nor do I like the way the Japanese do business. Also, as an ongoing student of culture and history, I can't feel sorry at all for the nukes that got dropped on them. Before the Japanese were humbled, they were just as rotten as most centuries of any unchecked British rule. The whole Pokemon era is just a bit after my time, and while I'm not accusing you of being any kind of weeaboo, and I'm not a hater if you are and proud, I just gotta laugh at anyone who tries to be Japanese. That said, they have influenced our culture every bit as much as we have theirs since the 1950s.

Pretty sure that video doesn't make me think of VTEC. Oddly, Hips Don't Lie by Shakira, when she lets loose the latin goat vibrato, does.

Yeah I know, WTF lol

FurryOnTheInside

Haha no, not really. The music part of that aint bad tho (I'm a fan of the 5,6,7,8's), they rock hard; the Japanese are dedicated and thus pretty good when it comes to doing anything they set their mind to. I totally respect that. They make great engines, games, food, and fighting styles. I'm just not a fan of their 2-faced culture, general perversion, hypocrisy in their xenophobia, nor do I like the way the Japanese do business. Also, as an ongoing student of culture and history, I can't feel sorry at all for the nukes that got dropped on them. Before the Japanese were humbled, they were just as rotten as most centuries of any unchecked British rule. The whole Pokemon era is just a bit after my time, and while I'm not accusing you of being any kind of weeaboo, and I'm not a hater if you are and proud, I just gotta laugh at anyone who tries to be Japanese. That said, they have influenced our culture every bit as much as we have theirs since the 1950s.

Pretty sure that video doesn't make me think of VTEC. Oddly, Hips Don't Lie by Shakira, when she lets loose the latin goat vibrato, does.

Yeah I know, WTF lol
I'm not sure Drummer Bear is even Japanese. It isn't a very Japanese name is it lol. You must know something that I don't. :unsure:

I don't think all Japanese people are the same either. I can't assume all people (or drummers) from ANY country fit a stereotype of being dedicated, two-faced xenophobic and perverted, hypocritical, skilled engineeers. Relative to whom anyway?? :rolleyes:

But the guy might be an alien as far as I know. He's in a bear costume the whole time. :ROFLMAO:

The_Aleman

That the drummer is a weeb is obvious to me. Only reason I went on the random tangent about the Japanese was because of it LOL

Still, I liked the video. It made me think of DJ Q-bert: