For the LAST TIME!!!!!!

G

The Chinese engines have an idle speed adjustment screw that adjusts the SPEED ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard is this to comprehend?

Apperently, for some, it is very hard to comprehend and I'm afraid that some less knowledgable folks will read this misinformation that keeps getting spewed out and try to adjust the MIXTURE with it.

STOP IT JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over.

Saw his myspace the other day, he's only 16... (or so it says) can't expect too much from that. Lol

Joe as I recall you were one of the misinformed ones spreading bad information not too long ago...

what's happening here? coupla different things. i'm only going to address my position:

boy, if you could search thru and find all my wrong answers...i was a "mixture screw" guy for a spell, myself, it's all here somewhere :LOL:

but, since i know that story, and others from all of us, exists, it' easy to tell who hasn't read anything by what they post for new topics. right now, the front page, current topics, could be a twin of prolly like page 5 or 6, you see? it's so impossible to stay on top of re-generating issues that have already been successfully addressed, or should be revived with a new reply by a new member who has similar ideas but just got here.

anyone who's been here long enuff knows i'm a total sh*theel when it comes to content management here at MBc. those who know me also know i care a ton about what MBc looks like every single time you logon.

for me, this is about getting bombarded by 200 posts in 2 weeks...the posts themselves are there for all to see, so no need to discuss them.

sometimes i just know when a new member comes along who hasn't at least politely glanced at the faq and our rules. it gets personal, my mission statement clearly explains why, no more rambling about that, either.

how about if i suggest this? next time you visit, go to the back pages of general discussion and tech/mech...read a few, see if there's anything back there that should be "bumped" with a reply about something new we've learned, instead of starting a new topic? it would really really help everyone avoid some of what's going on.

Somebody back when put it simplest- Fuel, Spark, Air.

It is evident that the bigger the engine, the more parts involved, and not everybody has listed which engine they are specializing in.

That tool, written with your data, is listed there on the screen to the left. If I find myself in an 80 cc topic, I can simply "hands in the air, back away from the vehicle"......

sometimes i just know when a new member comes along who hasn't at least politely glanced at the faq and our rules. it gets personal, my mission statement clearly explains why, no more rambling about that, either.

My proposal is this: There are certain members (and I definitely am NOT qualified) who we could all agree are MASTER MECHANICS. Not only in the know how, but in the METHOD of dispersal of information, answering questions.....

The volunteers and forum could give this designation to qualified members, and instead of the engine size, their designation would be "expert" or whatever brand is chosen.

The main task of these motor experts is to GRADE THE ADVISE in a topic. They could copy/paste THE BEST ANSWERS and stack them all in the Tech Topic under "Carburator screws, best advise/worst advise"

Air Filters "best/worst"
Spark Plugs "best/worst" etc. etc.

Not delete stuff, but they could put 1 star or 4 stars on the 10 threads that involve "Carburator screw", one is deemed BEST, one is WORST, and all the other threads sit in middling limbo.

It should be FUN, because the WORST advise could be worn as a trophy, and if somebody gets recognized for repeatedly giving the best advise, we would be well on the way to writing an on-line how to manual.

The algorithm is only good if the master mechanics/experts agree to VOTE, since voting in polls is usually ignored. But this voting is limited to the small group of qualified advisors.....

mrsaxman99 said:
Joe as I recall you were one of the misinformed ones spreading bad information not too long ago...

What are you talking about mrs axman?

Feel free to post an example and I'll graciously acknowledge it.

There is a difference between a minor discrepency and constantly saying something that is absolutely not true, even after you've been corrected.

Now put up or shut up.

Back