? For those who build MAB to sell

willis617

Local time
11:40 AM
Who do you do to protect yourself from liability should someone become injured on a motorized bike you built and sold to them?

Kinda like flying a airplane you buy off of someone its up too the owner too properly maintain and inspect the vehicle each time its taken out and failure too do so can result it in injury's with unproper maintaince

I get that if your just selling off something you no longer want, but if you built the bike with the sole intent of a sale, that is to say you solicited a buyer on craigslist or Facebook market place or the like, and sold to them

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. My biggest fear is selling to a kid say he gets hurt then the parents jump in with deep pockets. They have to prove negligence and you have to defend yourself. 15k/20k later even if you win the suit did you really?

I would probably sell or work a bill of sale starting the bicycle is being sold as is where is and the buyer is responsible for whatever happens after that

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. My biggest fear is selling to a kid say he gets hurt then the parents jump in with deep pockets. They have to prove negligence and you have to defend yourself. 15k/20k later even if you win the suit did you really?

Could you even win that suit? Even if you're in a state where MABs are legal, you modified a bicycle with an engine against the intended use of the bicycle manufacturer

yeah, , like many eBay sellers have a disclaimer saying things like motorized bikes are dangerous blahblah and you understand this and seller assumes no liability for stuff you do after you buy it

Back