Forced Air project.

zetti_the_man

Local time
9:57 PM
check out my intake.
the build is still waiting for parts.
i orderd another 36t chainring, lighter wheels tires n chain. ect.. i got some oldschool aluminum bars off ebay for it too.
i lost my last frame/fork wheels this year
an acctual MPH will be available after it's finished for all of you that remember

my last build did almost 50mph without the blower

thank you,
b real

Attachments

• forced air intake.jpg
    forced air intake.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 327
That looks like a neat idea, but i see a problem. When using forced air on cars with carburetors, you either have to put the blower (roots type) between the carb and cylinder head, or you have to build a box around the carb. (centrifugal type) problem is, if you just cram air down the throat of the carb, you end up with a higher pressure inside than outside... the fuel wont be drawn out of the bowl and into the venturi.

If you want this setup to function, your best bet is to build a chamber that the entire carburetor can fit in, and force air into that. I want to see this beast when it's running!

-Mark

HI,

Looks like you have the cast intake....Something that may also be helpful is to get the chromed steel intake....the inner diameter is larger and so it should help flow more as well....I can't remember the difference in size BUT it is noticeable.

Good luck on your project....looking forward to hearing more...

Andrew

you gotta have your expansion chamber tuned perfectly to stop the boost pressure from blowing your fuel charge straight over the piston and out the other side! But keep it up, cant wait to see the results, and hopefully a video! It can be done

And you've got to make sure your fuel pressure is regulated or it will lean out.

BSA

i didnt think forced air would work on a 2 stroke engine. 4 stroke it should from what i have heard/ read.

yeah 4 stroke there would be very little problems at all as the valves ensure that the mixture isnt boosted out the other side, but piston port timed poses loaaads of problems.
Just have to get that back pressure from your expansion chamber timed perfectly with enough force to keep the charge inside the cylinder as the charger kicks in.

Is that one of those electric turbo's I see on ebay all the time? LOL! I know that don't push enough air to create any boost on car engines, but it just may work on these little motors if it is done right. Cool!

i didnt think forced air would work on a 2 stroke engine. 4 stroke it should from what i have heard/ read.

I am not sure about gasoline engines, but GM 71 series two strokes have all had blowers, and some models had blowers and turbos since the early 1960's. They went from 3 cylinder to V16.

Back