forsen bike motor

H

Herrmanator8

hello everyone. i was searching online on bike motors and i found this ::

1276_Forsen_Patented_Engine_Bicycle_2_3.jpg

it looks interesting on how the motor is positioned and how the muffler is too. does anyone know about this motor or has anyone owned one? it says its made by forsen and the motor is somethin like 30 cc's of somethin whetever...

so, feel free to give some information on what you know.

jon

As far as I know, the whole idea of suspension is to keep the most weight possible suspended. Putting the engine there... Just doesn't make sense to me. I don't like it. Others may.

i dont like it too much either, but its kinda interesting. like the in frame motors, makes it feel like a real motorcycle.

jon

The motor's not a new idea. Just saw a Sachs one for sale on the bay, item # 150143122777. Also, there was a thread here not too long ago about a similar Moto Morini that's sold in Europe. Looks like it might work pretty good, though.

From a power transmission perspective, it makes a great deal of sense. That why most small engined cars have transaxles. It takes up more energy to move a long chain than a short one. I read an article in Speedway or circle track that some of the Banger racers have cut as much as 8 pounds from their engine's moving parts and 12 pounds from the powertrains and still remained race reliable. Kind of makes you wonder how much gas is wasted is wasted in even the most efficient street automobiles?

Back