Forum Post Idea For Someone - Screw & Bolt Thread Sizes

I just pick up whatever at work. Lol. Got everything I need right here. Big bolts, small bolts, crazy NASA approved nuts, you name it. Lol. No need to waste gas for me, I'm already at work!! 😆

I like stainless, it won't rust weld to the case like cheaper zinc plate will. Stainless is hard, so if using it, watch your torque. They will easily eat the case threads if not careful.

M6 x1.0 is the most common size screw on these (think of the clutch cover screws)

id take one of those off and compare sizes, believe the carb idle screw is an M5x(0.8?), try and see if the magneto cover screw and see if it will work in it.

keep in mind the idle screw has a taper (for adjusting the idle up or down) so your gonna have to make that yourself.

id just buy a new carb, for 8$ your gonna spend that one 2 screws +shipping (or at least close to it) + the hassle of finding the right one, trial and error, etc.
My carb was leaking again. This got me off my ass to look for a better screw. Found some M5 x 35mm Allen heads that I bought for something else. I was just able to very easily tighten that clamp as far as it would go. Assuming no more leaks I'll pop it back out and put some locktite on it. It's somewhat annoying to have to check for air leaks every other ride.

Back