Forum rule #3 - respect others

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
To be perfectly fair, Street rider's suggestion to step the balance holes until you find the right amount is the better option, by using the scientific method and changing only small parts until you've reached the desired result is "the best" way to balance your crank. Jaguar's maths are only exactly good for his crank he tested. It does not account for variances between users such as different bearings, drilled pins, the blatant difference between a windowed and standard piston, types of clips and if shims are used ect.

Street has a method that always leads to the right amount for your engine, however jaguar went through the trouble of designing a set of formula to calculate what your need is based off (accurate) user input. A good ballpark would be to just undercut his computer generated guideline and then use street's step method to get you to the right answer as quickly as possible, since measuring connecting rod weight is mostly impossible for most people here, just estimating it is not really a fantastic solution if you can skip relying on it as part of the solution, just work your way up to it.

Jaguar's maths are only exactly good for his crank he tested. It does not account for variances between users such as different bearings, drilled pins,

I edited a little to much, but can you explain this a little as he mentioned exactly what your saying he’s not considering and more? What do you mean different bearing
We all should have a C3 rated bearing and I would assume that information is available what every the c3 rating is. That’s why I’m not sure of the variations your talking about.
Rings and pressure would be the same I would assume with cranking pressure etc etc
Drilled pins, absolutely it’s accounted for, it’s the pin weight that makes up the total weight.
Not only that his crank is what we are using and I doubt it was all done based on one crank from what I read about jags findings and experimenting. He does a lot of cross referencing to work it out make sure it’s correct what he’s saying.
Has anyone here tested it? I’m about to, no better way to see what’s bs or not.
Also can you show me where streets method is or do you mean the old well known method?

Sounds to me the balance factor theory in general is a long way around and if any one dare test jags Calc. You may very well be surprised, won’t be long for me at this stage unless I hit another snag haha

Any way I don’t think was about crank balancing.

You're correct that he mentions that it can be accounted for, but the general guidelines are really aimed at a single type of set up, he doesn't suggest working up to the right amount, just expects you to derive an answer that largely depends on an unmeasurable variable. That's a flaw and just about the only one.

Bearings can change in weight just by being different in design, some have wider bearings, and others have more rollers, the differences are small but will show themselves at 8krpm. An average of 10% is not the same as gram per gram knowledge of the parts (specifically talking about the guesstimate value given to use in his calculator for the weight of a connecting rod, regardless of number of parts tested it's just technically inaccurate,) real world engineers know these figures and base it off what they definitely know. Even differences in the existing balance holes can affect how much you should drill. No 2 China girls appear to be exactly the same so again gradually removing material is a solid idea.

My lack of empathy towards jag is due to the fact that he started it, he posted on Thursday that Street was a source of disinformation, and so on Friday Street called him a joke. Not sure why he's moaning over it now but that's just how it is.

My lack of empathy towards jag is due to the fact that he started it, he posted on Thursday that Street was a source of disinformation, and so on Friday Street called him a joke. Not sure why he's moaning over it now but that's just how it is.

Again weight is the number one factor so I’m still left confused with that but anyway

I thought that may of been the case...

I see it from another angle, I’ve seen his worked knocked many times by streets and others at times.

I can’t tell if it’s a personal problem people have or people just don’t want to give him the chance.
There is every possibility he is correct
The reason I say this is I see people knocking him but than requesting his product....if you can see my point.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will have their posts deleted and may be banned permanently from the forum.
https://motoredbikes.com/help/forum-rules/

S.R., if you want to stay on this forum I suggest you not respond to my posts or anyone elses posts with "LOL what a joke!" like what you recently did which caused me to attack you in return with my own flaming arrows.
For anyone with zero culture let me explain to you that doing such is abusively mocking and derisive (putting someone down) which is the opposite of respect.
No "normal person" wants to be put down in any way just because they have a different opinion.
If you think someones opinion is trash then take your time to explain completely why you disagree.
Don't start out my saying "what crap..." which is instantly abusive and a call to arms.
Keep in mind too that there are some grey areas where maybe both of the people arguing are right to a certain degree. If you calmly discuss the subject then both will learn how it isn't so black and white as you thought.

If you are a naturally abusive person then please seek psychiatric or spiritual help to purge out your inner demons. Don't unleash them on innocent people here that just want to share and learn.
If you were "raised by wolves" and don't know how to respect others (ie: don't insult them) then it's high time you learned.

Those of you reading this who know you are abusive but never admit it (because your mind defends you and so always excuses your behavior) well probably everyone else knows it anyway so you might as well admit to yourself that you aren't right in your head/emotions and its high time to change. The first step towards change is an acknowledgement of the problem.

Completely agree. Glad you are posting again Jaguar.

A lot of psychoanalysts agree that most sociopathic behaviors are not treatable unless intervention is introduced at an extremely young age. After a certain point the hard wiring is set and virtually impossible to undo. While admittance is surely possible and often occurs naturally the individual is usually not capable of taking any steps towards correction of behavior, the unconscious ID overrides any empathic emotion (if the person even has that structure, many don't) to defend its actions that the conscious ID can perceive as morally objectionable.

I like telling people I think they are wrong, real world and on the internet, there's no harm in sharing opinions, don't go on the internet if you don't want to see them, seriously.

Where did you copy/paste this from or is there more to frank than meets the eye?

Back