Fouled plugs issue

Andrew1234

Local time
8:05 AM
My bike won’t start or even sputter and I checked the spark it has that it has compression and I changed carbs like 3 times to 3 different carbs each time and I also let the bike sit over night and still won’t start and the reed are also sealing good and are not letting gas out when it not supposed to and I changed the jets on each carb all the way down to a 40 mm jet and up to a 75

image.jpg

View attachment 187331My bike won’t start or even sputter and I checked the spark it has that it has compression and I changed carbs like 3 times to 3 different carbs each time and I also let the bike sit over night and still won’t start and the reed are also sealing good and are not letting gas out when it not supposed to and I changed the jets on each carb all the way down to a 40 mm jet and up to a 75
And I also tried all the way up to a 40:1 ratio and that didn’t work even after I let the bike sit and then went back to my usual 25:1

The bike has spark, but is it sparking at the right time? A common and simple mistake is to install the magneto rotor backwards, putting it out of time. The key should be at the 1 o'clock position with the magnet parallel to the two arms of the stator. If it is on the wrong way, the ignition timing will be way off. This means you will have spark, but it sparks at completely the wrong time, and basically behaves just as you describe. Occasionally it will fire off and sputter as it manages to light some fuel floating around in the cylinder, and then dies off again.

Great short video to show what I am talking about.

The bike has spark, but is it sparking at the right time? A common and simple mistake is to install the magneto rotor backwards, putting it out of time. The key should be at the 1 o'clock position with the magnet parallel to the two arms of the stator. If it is on the wrong way, the ignition timing will be way off. This means you will have spark, but it sparks at completely the wrong time, and basically behaves just as you describe. Occasionally it will fire off and sputter as it manages to light some fuel floating around in the cylinder, and then dies off again.

Great short video to show what I am talking about.

Back