found electric + pull start 2 stroke kit!

wow, it looks quite professional. tell me if there are any problems, it would be good to know. pinpointing the issues is a good first step to determining if the engine is of high quality.

I can say one thing the paint cooks now my head looks like its Brown
Thanks bud.
I had high hopes of building a 5-speed internal shifter using this engine but I see no sense in it now.
Hey KCvale can you tell me what this tool is it looks like a gear puller but this things huge im hoping its to adjust the clutch
1474396120692-1091293751.jpg

I've had a Zelda for months, the factory sent me one.
Little about it is compatible with your typical 2-stroke.
It's a 1 piece jug, no head.
It actually is 70cc measured.
Decent dual front and rear motor mounts keep in place well.
Good power to the ground.
And it creates it's own power for a battery/light system.

70ccL.jpg

70ccR.jpg

There are pics before I mounted a 12V battery on the rack so we just used the pull start.

Now for the Cons...
The electrical system is a nightmare of connections going to a big box, I put mine just under the gas tank on the right.
The pull start failed after ~50 pulls and you can't get a replacement.
I hooked up a 12V and it ran great for a couple of weeks and then it failed too.

Mine has been sitting for months in a corner unable to be started and no parts to fix it.

My full report is here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=948

I know it sounded like a dream engine...
Cent clutch, pull start, electric start, and on-board 12V for lighting.
Too bad they cheeped out on all those parts that matter.

any improvements with these now? they go for ~$300 +/- and there is some replacement parts avail

Bikeberry Carry's all replacement parts. I just rebuilt mine. The first and foremost thing you're going to need to do if you buy one of these things is getting an aftermarket exhaust for a 70cc "2 STROKE" engine (like a pit bike pipe) the stock one is very very restricting. I've recently started rebuilding the clutch to make it a manual clutch like the standard Ht/grube engines. There's a significant reduction in power when you fill the clutch and have it empty. the only thing needed is a pair of different bearings and a welder and you're good to go. The first manual clutch BT. I'll post more if anyone's interested

Back