Found the Hill my bike couldn't get up. Pics.

Both of my bikes can climb those hills like nothing with stock Zeda 66cc engines,, 1 is geared with a 60,,, the other is a 63 tooth if I recall...

The trick for the engine is jetting and fuel mix so We don't have too Pedal at all...

The downside is top end speed which is no big deal with us since speed is over rated for our farm operations...

12 to 17 mpr,,, the odd blip into the 22 to 25 mpr stuff...

Remember ,,, 2-smoke engines don't like long down hill decents with throttle closed since it pervents the engine from getting enough fuel mix too keep it lubricated...
The trick for us is too use the engine as a retarder to decent...

Start down the hill,,, hit the kill switch and open the throttle up all the way,,, flip the throttle closed,,, release the kill engine button too burn off excess fuel/ mix and get back too retarding engine on the next steep section...

Don't over rev the engine ,,, flux the throttle a bit and try different things at your choosing...

Folks say that doing this engine retarding thing would glaze the cylinder walls,,, funny thing is that We have alot of miles on 5 of our engines and they have the same compression as when they were new...

Of course the other option is shut the engine down and use the brakes,,, $3.65 for a set of pads is pretty cheap...

Again,,, prevent over reving the engine at all cost,,, roller bearings don't like long stints of 9200 rpm if I recall ,,, ok,,, 10 too 11.000 rpms... Ha

Lets Ride

Back