Carby Four stroking yd100 with 68 jet

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
4:51 AM
Hey! I got the yd100 with hp carb and 68 jet running a fresh 40:1 mix. I saw other people on the fourms say they do 50:1. I tried that and it reduced four stroking just a Lil. My question is my next lowest jet size is a 65, could I go down to that it might be a 66 and use 40:1 or is that way to lean for the yd? I know I'm retarded and all and should get an NT carb and now this stuff but I don't, so can I go down to the 65 or 66 not sure which without damaging the motor? I would think so. And I actually looked I didnt have any motor damage and I cleaned my piston and got a new spark plug

Don't over think it, if you can run it a few tanks till it is broken in you'll probably need to jet it anyway. Several times I've had to get the jetting close and then just put some miles on the engine, once everything is seated you may or may not need to change.

These are not precision built machines and 40:1 is sure to give you the death rattle. Why do you think the 2t drag bikes run 25:1? 32:1 is perfect.

I run 33.3:1, but I do all my measures in metric.

Back