Break In Frame broke!!!

if it broke near motor mount, use a piece of PVC in there next time

if it broke the seat tube, you can get an old seat post and cut it a bit short, then hammer it down thru tube past the break - now, just drill holes in from the side above and below the break and stick two bolts thru holes - frame will then be stronger than before

if it broke the seat tube, you can get an old seat post and cut it a bit short, then hammer it down thru tube past the break - now, just drill holes in from the side above and below the break and stick two bolts thru holes - frame will then be stronger than before
By the mount cut out about 4

Front mount main down tube patched and reinforced

Steel, I can't as readily weld aluminum in my shop. Lots of MIGs two Tigs. I cut out about 4in of tube two above and two below the break. Slid 8in of 1¼ tube inside the org down tube. Welded reinforced with ¼ thick gussets. That 1¼in tube fits the motor Tight no gap in the fish mouth, well very little.

Back