frames with suspension?

The Kent Avalon is about the closet bike I can recommend that's within your price range and all steel. Kent has some others that have the same style rear suspension but cost a little more and only the rear of the frame is steel. The mid section is aluminum.

Since the Avalon's frame is all steel it'll be easy to weld on. You could cut the angled top tube and flip it 180°. This could give you the extra room needed to mount the 212 kit.

Attachments

• s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
The Kent Avalon is about the closet bike I can recommend that's within your price range and all steel. Kent has some others that have the same style rear suspension but cost a little more and only the rear of the frame is steel. The mid section is aluminum.

Since the Avalon's frame is all steel it'll be easy to weld on. You could cut the angled top tube and flip it 180°. This could give you the extra room needed to mount the 212 kit.

do you think it would be possible to fit a shock with a little bit more travel in the back?

do you think it would be possible to fit a shock with a little bit more travel in the back?
A 212 will tear that frame up. You will not find a suspension frame that can handle it. Your best bet is fabricating a seat subframe with a shock mount like I did on my 212 Yamaha. This gives you adjustability and comfort with a minimum of effort. I ran a crappy shock but it would have been way better with a nice air shock. Custom building your own full suspension bicycle frame strong enough for a motor is do-able but very difficult.

It would be easier to find a dirt bike with a seized or blown engine and swap the 212 into it.

Attachments

• AD16A71E-3086-488C-9881-F012E149B379.jpeg
    AD16A71E-3086-488C-9881-F012E149B379.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 157
A 212 will tear that frame up. You will not find a suspension frame that can handle it. Your best bet is fabricating a seat subframe with a shock mount like I did on my 212 Yamaha. This gives you adjustability and comfort with a minimum of effort. I ran a crappy shock but it would have been way better with a nice air shock. Custom building your own full suspension bicycle frame strong enough for a motor is do-able but very difficult.

It would be easier to find a dirt bike with a seized or blown engine and swap the 212 into it.

After thinking about it with the Avalon full suspension bike at best I'd only try one of the 125cc kits. Even then I'd still weld in reinforcements to the weak points.

KC Vale did a similar build to what you're talking about.

Attachments

• 2_MotoPedDoneR-1280.jpg
    2_MotoPedDoneR-1280.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back