Franco Morini 9.4hp S6-s build up.

nidyanazo

Local time
2:39 AM
Hey I am posting this as a build thread; Just recieved the S6-s Morini

It's the 9.4hp version with kick start, 4 reeds induction, 19mm delorto carb, digital ignition, 3 shoe adj wet clutch and a 13,5000rpm redline.

Today I started welding the brackets I made to the frame after a day of getting it positioned correctly. The sprocket will be driving the hub, not the spokes.

I've got 13+ years of motorcycle exp. and 50,000 street miles done. Current bike is a '08 YZF-R1. After a couple china kits for friends to mess around with
I set off to build something of pure speed and performance.

So naturally I started with a road bike. I'm contemplating using 29" tires, but that will come later. Got some interesting plans for suspension as well. I also called fallbrook tech to inquire about the cvt developers kit, but they never got back to me.

Actually the same thing happened with Dean at pipelyne. After talking to him for a few days about ordering the morini's, he disappeared. I hope nothing happened to him, he was very pleasnt to deal with. So I ended up getting this engine from Herm at herdan.com
He's also a great guy and general gearhead. I got the motor for a hair over 1k with a tuned pipe I'm going to modify slightly.
Shipped it next day air for the regular ground price. What a guy.

Will post photos/videos tomorrow

The engine comes with a dyno printout showing peak power at 11,200rpm
Redline is listed at 13,5000 and you can see the power fall off to 14000rpm where the dyno graph ends.

My 600rr I had a couple years ago, I'd regularly take it to 15k.
Modern sportbikes rev to the stratosphere! Look into it...

BTW new vid coming later, got the carp and throttle + ignition mounted..

It runs and rides great. I'm done posting in this thread.

See my others for more videos and photos of the bike.

The engine comes with a dyno printout showing peak power at 11,200rpm
Redline is listed at 13,5000 and you can see the power fall off to 14000rpm where the dyno graph ends.

My 600rr I had a couple years ago, I'd regularly take it to 15k.
Modern sportbikes rev to the stratosphere! Look into it...

BTW new vid coming later, got the carp and throttle + ignition mounted..

lol i hear ya buddy the new r6 revs up to 16+ lol

Back