Frankenbike function over form

That swivel mount still holding up alright mickal?

Your construction looks pretty sturdy, so it probably is doing its job and then some. :D

ya the welds where the vee meets the bushing are all wrapped. I could have made them heavier but they seem plenty solid as is. the tack welds on the bolted straps might have to be rewelded some day. I purposly made them small. I rode it to work again today and had no problems. it seems to be working very well. It would be nice to know how bad the average motored bike vibrates so I would have a point of referance but this is the only one I've ever owned. all I know is that this is soooo much better than what it was before.

another ride to work and back home with no problems. all my hardware seems to stay tight better than it used to but the odo is only up to 178 miles. once I get to 500 or 1000 I might be able to claim dependablity.

Ahh mickal1025 you think a bit like me "somethings not fixed/working until you can almost forget about it"

I can get most anything to work once, it's getting it to work over and over reliably that counts.

Good work that is very nice.

had to get new back brakes today. Fri on the way home from work the cable that connects the 2 sides of the cantalever brakes broke and one of the brake arms got into the spokes and got bent. $24 for a new set but thats ok, I only spent $10 on the used frame to start with and the old brakes should have been replaced long ago. the motor and motor mount have been great. odo at 197 miles.

hardly rode this week (lots of rain), cheapo headlight fell off and shattered on the road. the mount still working well. odo at 224 miles

had to retighten the large nut and locking nut on my steering. 2nd time in 260 miles. new blackburn headlight quit working after only 50 minutes of use, turns out the batterys caroaded the terminals. i cleaned them up and now it works fine. but why did it do this so fast? flash mode? mount still working fine.

motor chain came off yesterday. only took a minute to put it back on. put chain on bottom of sprocket and rolled the bike forward, the top of the mount sunk into the rubber bump stop far enough to let chain roll back on to the sprocket. have rode about 20 miles since then without a problem with the chain or mount. had to take back my new led headlight, will try a different brand. odo at 297 miles

weathers been great and the bikes been great also. mount and chain have been perfect. finaly found a headlight that works and stays put. going to attempt a video of the bike mount soon. it will be interesting to see what it looks like starting up and going down the road. odo at 331 miles

Back