Fred Head Questions

What do you guys use to file out the jb weld in the transfers and even shave off part of the transfers that are closest to the intake? I can't get a good angle at all even with these, unless you just use sandpaper.

Yeti?
I'd not use the JBWeld now bruh.

Go with what @Street Ryderz showed us.
See that?
Smooth flow bro... That is alot better than the JBWeld I showed you.

Turn the cyl upside down and you will have no probs doing this with a dremel tool.

Plus, you can SMOOTH the flow from the cyl to the sleeve man....SMOOTH....SMooth......smooth.. ;)

Not sure that method is gonna work on mine because it has that divider down the middle, so the charge going through the side closest to the exhaust is gonna hit the divider and end up in the same place.
Intake side

Exhaust side

Redirect man, that center will not affect it much if any at all.

I have the same cyl...redirected with the JBWeld on the broke frame Klunker.

Explain that picture please, what are we looking at and is that the intake side or the exhaust side i see?

The exhaust side is where the red arrows are. I wrote "intake side" above the pic and "exhaust side" below the pic.

Would you like me to send you that same cylinder with the JBWeld correction so you can see?
I have 3 of them right now for some reason :D

The exhaust side is where the red arrows are. I wrote "intake side" above the pic and "exhaust side" below the pic.
Ok.
Look at it, that side blows DIRECTLY TOWARDS the exhaust side right? :p

I used the JBWeld to redirect that flow towards the Intake side.

Now, with what @Street Ryderz has showed us, you can see we do Not need the JBWeld anymore.

Just be careful and go slow.

Back