Fred Head Questions

That middle partition is blowing the right way.

Correct the angle on the bottom of your pic to flow to the intake side, instead of the exhaust side, to stop the cross talk, just like that middle partition.

That sleeved cyl will last longer than the bottom end :p

Ride Safe my Brother! :cool:

HP

I watched some videos on porting and stuff. I'm not gonna do any porting, but maybe I'll port the piston. How do you guys feel about taking off some material from the bottom of the piston on the intake side? They said that part of the piston partially blocks the intake port at some point and reduces airflow or something like that.

When we were talking about chamfering the intake port in the inside of the cylinder.... does that mean just rounding the edges or actually like creating a diverging angle horizontally? Do the same to the exhaust? Any pics?

When we were talking about chamfering the intake port in the inside of the cylinder.... does that mean just rounding the edges or actually like creating a diverging angle horizontally? Do the same to the exhaust?
use yur finger. not 120 grit :p use your finger with fine grit...you will feel the Zen young Yeti!

When we were talking about chamfering the intake port in the inside of the cylinder.... does that mean just rounding the edges or actually like creating a diverging angle horizontally? Do the same to the exhaust? Any pics?
Yes, just round the edges so the rings won't hang up on the sharp edges.

Last edited:
Back