Fred Head Questions

Awesome thanks so much guys. So you know how I was saying earlier that I'm not sure my engine is actually a flying horse? Well I found more things about it that doesn't match up and so I'm gonna contact bikeberry to see if I can get a partial refund. Is there a way to check to see if I have a balanced crank too without taking the whole bottom end apart? If I find out it doesn't, although it would kinda suck I guess, but that would greatly help my case. The flying horse is supposed to have a balanced crank and japanese bearings.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks so much guys. So you know how I was saying earlier that I'm not sure my engine is actually a flying horse? Well I found more things about it that doesn't match up and so I'm gonna contact bikeberry to see if I can get a partial refund. Is there a way to check to see if I have a balanced crank too without taking the whole bottom end apart? If I find out it doesn't, although it would kinda suck I guess, but that would greatly help my case. The flying horse is supposed to have a balanced crank and japanese bearings.
None of these engine's regardless of brand name have a balanced crank,the average cost of a truly balanced crank is around 100 us on top of the kit price and very few vendors offer it.Arrow does as does Pedal Chopper and Fred at Cr machine that's it,there are many of us whom truly balance then true the crank for our self's buut you will not get one from any of the main vendors they say it's balanced but then they say it's 80 cc too LOL.

Should I put a little 2 stroke oil on the piston needle bearing? Usually you grease any bearings, but these are different than wheel bearings. I just don't want to break that $28 bearing just cuz I didn't put oil on it.

I put the cylinder on and moved the piston to absolute TDC. The top middle of the piston is above the cylinder. The outer circle of the piston is exactly 2mm from the top of the cylinder. What should I do now?

I put the cylinder on and moved the piston to absolute TDC. The top middle of the piston is above the cylinder. The outer circle of the piston is exactly 2mm from the top of the cylinder. What should I do now?
View attachment 96454View attachment 96455
You can deck the top down 2mm so that the crown is flush with the deck or you can deck the case at the cylinder base to bring it flush but this will change the timing.

Back