Fred Head Questions

YetiWoodz

Local time
10:52 AM
So I'm thinking of getting a fred head. Is it worth getting? I have a flying horse 66cc. I wanna know if I need to buy any more parts like washers/gaskets? Also, what is a good spark plug for it since the head is gonna be cooler, does it matter, will my b6hs work fine? Are there any other things I need to be aware of or tweak such as jetting/oil to gas ratio? Thanks

Last edited:
No, you don't need to change jetting or anything, at least I didn't have to do that, I got a 6cc one. It's a good upgrade to make the engine run cooler with a better head gasket seal. If you get a Fredhead you will get all the high quality nuts and washers you will need. I've been using a slightly cooler B8hs spark plug but the b6hs will work just fine.

Crmachine has several fred heads. A 6cc, 5.5cc, 7cc, and stepped. All of them are $65. What's the best?

The 7cc head has lower compression or is a low compression head and runs cooler.
The 6cc head runs bit hotter but has a better combustion bowl shape and has better compression.

The fred head from crmachine is out of stock. Other places don't give you the bolts and washers and don't tell you the cc. Do they go out of stock a lot? About how long should I have to wait, like its not as bad as waiting for an mz65 to be in stock, right? Lol

Is the GT6 CNC head the same as a fred head?
GT6 cnc head

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have the 6cc Fred Head, and am very happy with it. - - I also am using his exhaust header, and it too works well.
I would definitely recommend his stuff - works as described, and is well made.

There's a rumor on the motorized facebook groups that fred is no longer making heads. This is the closest thing out there now at 5.5cc

Back