Fred Head Questions

OMG, You're acting like that sh*t is gonna give him 8.000 extra hp.
Me?

Not at all. What it will do is correct the flow, which in turn will give him better combustion.

What will that do? It will help overall performance of the engine.

Sorry bro, I didn't mean to get ya all riled up :p

@Street Ryderz can better explain this.

Ride Safe Friend! :cool:

HP

I had to redirect the exhaust side of the transfers to blow towards the intake side, there was alot of cross talk which the redirection of the transfers fixed.

Used JBWeld.
@Street Ryderz explained to me what that was about ;)
Yes the wall closest to the exhaust was what I meant to say,and direct it's flow toward the intake this creates a proper swirl in the chamber and prevent's alot of the charge from being lost out the exhaust.

One last thing for now and I think I got a really solid understanding... I drew a red outline and blue outline in this picture of one of the transfer ports. When I chamfer it to make it flow more towards the intake, am I taking off material from just the red section, or both the red and blue? The outlines aren't perfect dimensions, its just so you get what I'm trying to ask. Basically am I gonna dig into the actual port (blue) or just the "sleeve section" (red.)
View attachment 95685
Just the blue,you can cut back the walls angle inside the transfer feed area and blend it to the edge of the steel sleave.

The jb weld work's well and is quite common practice for many of tuners.There is another way with out reducing the volume of the transfer buy back cutting the same area you can effectively shape and direct that edge any way you want.If you look at the pics you can see that the edge closest to the exhaust port is back cut in the upper corner to allow more angle.This also doesn't change the speed of the charge being pushed up the transfer compared to filling and reducing the volume witch slows it initially and then increases the exit pressure.

I see.
When i get a new frame I'll dig out the jbweld and try that.
So just leave the cyl to bottome end same then cut back on the top area of the transfer, awesome!

Thank you @Street Ryderz

Back