Free speed upgrade! (I got 5mph!). Newbie advice

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
5:40 AM
Today I rode quite a bit and the first half, I felt like the engine had more if I could just give it more throttle.

So after my first half, I adjusted my throttle cable ends so there was as little slack as possible when you first turn it. What do you know, I got more throttle! I think Damien tried to tell me this while he was criticizing all my motorbike work, lol. Wait, I mean critiquing 😉.

On the way to work, I was topping out at 30mph. (Radar speed sign clocked) Then I made the adjustments during my lunch break. On the way home, this dude paces me as he's passing me and screams, "How fast are you going!?!?". I said, "Idunno! You tell me!". He looked at his Speedo and said "Hell yeah 35!"

So there you go, 5mph more by taking the slack out of my throttle cable. Seems pretty elementary after you think about it.

OK...My Bad...I just assumed that was part and parcel with your tight clutch when warmed up was all.

Ps...Where gloves in cold weather while riding.
I'm getting ready to post another solution for my clutch issue in that thread. I will have an update on how it worked tomorrow night.

Back