French research on motorized bike 400Miles/gal, 57dB, climb >35%

Tovaritch

Local time
8:55 AM
Hi, First sorry for my poor English and available time for response. But I think that our research subject could be interesting for some person of this forum. We don't have any bike to sell, it's only a technology that we will try to grant to industrial company. All the results are garanty by the french research ministery. www.hectordelta.com . A video will come soon. Thank you and I hope that you will be interested by the result of that very long work. Tovarich

Remember the French researched how to defeat the Germans before the 3 wars they fought against them. 1879/1914/1939, didn't go so well for the frenchies. Maybe they don't know how to research very well ya think?

I looked at the site. Don't be fooled by it. We already have similar things. All this setup is a 25 cc Robin Subaru engine with riding starting system. A reduction gearbox and another version of a shiftkit. Engine seems way to small to carry a 250 lbs person up a 35 % grade hill. It could only be an assist at best. The bike will probably be sold at a ridiculous price. They'll impress me when they invent a motorized bicycle which shifts gears automatically like I did.

I like the fact it's a rack-mount shift kit.If they could adapt it for a RS EH035 or Honda GX35,.... maybe?Also it looks like it won't fit on any bike, recumbent in mind.If it were a kit, sans engine, with a 78mm bell, and cost less than a GEBE kit, I'd give it a try.

There would also be legal issues with the bike here in the USA. Most but not all states require an automatic transmission system. Many states even go as far as to say no manual clutching or gear shifting by the operator after the primary drive is engaged. You'd have to cut the engine off to change gears according to these laws. Unlike my bike which changes 5 gears automatically.

translating from the site this is what I get:

Range: 249 miles with .66 gallons gasoline or .87 gallons alcohol which is 377mpg on gasoline and 286mpg on alcohol

Noise at 28kph= 57dB: (compare to car at 73db and moped 79db).

0.18 Average yield [of what?]

Picture 14.jpg

Picture 15.jpg

What you said is not wrong Darwin !
Normaly if it work Jaguar, you can find the translated website if you hit the English flame. 0,18 is the average output, the noice 57 dB is the same noice that the wind in your ears when you are at 28 Km/h ~ 13 Miles/h (it's to give an idea).

Jerry, we can climb a person of 250 Lb at 25% without pedaling, 35% or a little beat more is the sportive limit.

Grinningremlin, we have try a GX31 for army, but it's really powerfull and it's start to be a motorbike (your added pedaling work become nothing comparate to the assistance)

Tank you very much for your interest, if you have infos on the legal aspect in USA I'm very interested Jerry.

Tank and sorry for my very bad English.

Tovarich

Last edited:
Here in the USA our laws vary greatly from state to state. Most states laws but not all require an automatic transmission system. Some even state no manual clutching or gear shifting by the operator after the primary drive is engaged. So there may be issues trying to sell the bike in the USA. If the bike shifted gears automatically then is shouldn't be any issues with selling it here. Here is my bike. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lopLBXImuMM0z2imw&sig2=PKINdZYSE_Es6O4F5ecxpA

Remarks on the French were meant in jest. Neat lil setup there but wish there were better pics. Looks like a leather shroud over the motor, wonder why. With just the motor being a soobie 25 that is not going to be cheap. That chain on the left pedal crank needs a guard or some serious damage could occur. Love the concept, imagine a soobie 35 on there instead..

That French bike has to be able to automatically vary the gear ratios to be able to climb hills and be able to get good gas mileage on level ground.
Jerry, I saw on your video that the chain automatically moves from one sprocket to another on the rear gear cluster. I am very curious as to how you got it to do that.

Back