Friction drive bearing change

rwquiring

Local time
5:05 AM
Hey all, has anyone replaced the bearing in a Staton FD. I have about 1900 miles on them and they seem to not want to roll freely anymore. Are there any vids out there that show how they come out? Pics are worth a thousand words. Thanks

Royce

Found out that indeed, the bearings were shot! I guess, that is the problem with living in a place they uses volcanic rock for road grit in the winter! Wish that odot would clean the roads a little sooner.

This isn't exactly the same but will give you an idea of what it takes. You can always ship the channel to staton and he'll change them out. I think the bearings on the staton fd are pressed into the channel housing unlike dax's.

This isn't exactly the same but will give you an idea of what it takes. You can always ship the channel to staton and he'll change them out. I think the bearings on the staton fd are pressed into the channel housing unlike dax's.

I was able to get the bearings out without alot of problems, (poor mans arbor press), and yes the bearing was fried!!! I am going to replace them today with new ones and hopefully the weather will change so I can resume riding.

Were the staton bearings pressed into the channel, did they come out as easily in Dax's video?

They didn't fall out but they came out easily enough that I didn't need to have a machinist press them out, I was happy!

Back