Friction drive mounting position--Staton

Happy Valley

Local time
10:06 PM
When you mounted your housing, where does the spindle line up in relation to the rear wheel? Looking at the right side of the rear wheel, does the spindle fall top dead center over the axle in the 12 o'clock position, or forward or backward from that position?

In my attempt to keep the kit and motor fairly level on the mountain bike frame I'm using, (and the pre-drilled holes) it looks like the drive spindle will fall rearward a couple of inches from TDC over the axle. (maybe 11:30 or so)

Think it matters?

I dont see what it matters. If you have your motor somewhat level , it doesnt matter where the friction roller is on the circumference of the tire. Good luck. doug

Hi HV -- my Station setup - friction drive - falls in about two or three inches back from dead center. Have the Subaru engine - it is not perfectly level - been running fine for over 7 or 8 hundred miles ?? No speedo on my MB. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Thanks Dug and Mountainman.

Yeah, R/S EHO35 is the engine. Thought I'd ask what users ended up doing. I'll experiment some with it, see it I find any differences.

Back