Friction drive problems!

Did you try a Honda clutch? I throw away the Huasheng clutches and use a genuine honda clutch.
Never any problems

Yes about the clutch.

Make sure you have the correct clutch on your engine's shaft.

Some Hua Shengs have straight shafts; other HS engines have tapered shafts.

Did you try a Honda clutch? I throw away the Huasheng clutches and use a genuine honda clutch.
Never any problems
No ill research the honda clutch now! I did by the better clutch from Staton. What size drive roller do you have JGH122?

Yes about the clutch.

Make sure you have the correct clutch on your engine's shaft.

Some Hua Shengs have straight shafts; other HS engines have tapered shafts.

I checked my clutch out the engine, and the clutch a tapered. I'm thinking about ordering the whole drive roller, bearings, and clutch drum, but I'm unsure I wont tear that up!

You should never engage the system when coasting. It is not designed to be used as a engine brake. (Jake brake) If you are going downhill just let it idle and when you get down to where you want to speed up then....... power on.

You should never engage the system when coasting. It is not designed to be used as a engine brake. (Jake brake) If you are going downhill just let it idle and when you get down to where you want to speed up then....... power on.

The power on part seems to be the problem! Do you give full throttle when you power on after coasting or do you ease into it? I can't seem to find a honda clutch that will fit it. Do you happen to have a link where I can purchase one?

I remember many years ago, when I twisted off a friction roller.

For some reason, I had removed the inside rear mounting struts.

The problem never re-occurred when I re-installed the rear struts.

What engine do you have?

I have the HS 142 I believe the 49cc. So I was able to get a hold of staton and he sent me a new drive roller 1.3 inch a new clutch drum and bearings. I was so excited to get the parts. They were sent out on Tuesday priority mail! I was going to take a lot of pics to post of the assembly. I waited for the mailman yesterday, and even met him at the bottom of the drive. What no package! I made my way back inside saddened that the parts did not arrive. I tracked them they are sitting in Chicago. That is usually only a day delivery away, so this morning woke up at the crack of dawn to track my package. Guess what? The package is still in Chicago! I am just not meant to ride this bike!!!!!

I remember many years ago, when I twisted off a friction roller.

For some reason, I had removed the inside rear mounting struts.

The problem never re-occurred when I re-installed the rear struts.

I do have both struts mounted they are not mounted to the same place one of them I made a bracket for to get around my disc brake. It does hold the unit to the wheel pretty good. I'll take pics as soon as I get my parts!

Back