Friction drive wheel material

My engine kit is Island hopper but I put it on a vintage Huffy frame, and modified the drive roller with the skate wheel. I used the skate wheel trick on my front mount Bike Bug when I had it as well...

Rollers

This tip may or may not be worth while, but I did note that Dave's Discount Motors has a bunch of rollers for sale on his clearance page.

Not being a scrubber, I have no clue about such stuff, but seems many machine their own, so I hope the information may help save someone some labor.

Link here: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/clearance.html

This tip may or may not be worth while, but I did note that Dave's Discount Motors has a bunch of rollers for sale on his clearance page.

Not being a scrubber, I have no clue about such stuff, but seems many machine their own, so I hope the information may help save someone some labor.

Link here: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/clearance.html

Being a Goped dork here, I can tell you that those will not work well with a bike, because they are pretty small. .950 is the largest.

As well, they are meant to mount onto a crankshaft directly,
like the G23lh, thus, no clutch.

A bicycle peg, or a skateboard wheel. The skateboard wheel will wear out quite a bit though. A bike peg will work great, and you can even put a tube of shrink tubing around it for extra needed friction.

On my latest contraption, I used a Tecumseh snow thrower and a caster from a drum dolly. The caster was about 3 1/2 inches in diameter with a 5/8 bore. The engine shaft also had a 5/8 diamter, so I just slipped it on the shaft, and cranked the retainer bolt down hard. Then I started the engine, and ground the caster down to about 2 1/2 inches. It works fairly well, but does like to slip in rain and snow. I use a happy time clutch cable to pull the caster against the tire, and a bungy strap to release it. The engine is rated at 4400 rpm, so it is plenty fast. The caster could be taken down a little more. Wiped out on an ice patch yesterday at maybe 25 to 30 and it wasn't straining. The tire doesn't seem to wear appreciably, and the caster is like $3.00 and half an hour to replace. Unfortunately I blew out the rear tire when I went down, so I had to drag a broken bike about 4 miles home while dripping rain and snow. Ego was bruised more than the old carcass, althogh I wouldn't recommend it as an Olympic event. Hard to convince anybody I did it on purpose.

My next scheme is to use a jackshaft scrubber set up with a pneumatic dolly tire. Thinking it might slip less. Smallest I found so far is about 6 inches, so it will have to be geared down. We'll see. :D

ibdennyak
wouldn't have a picuture would you? my lateste engine is toro snow thrower that runs about 4400 rpm. could it be the same engine?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 484
Does anyone know how to find the guy on e-bay that sells the Harbor freight returns.. I have lost his
site.. he was selling some motors pretty cheap..

Back