Friction Drive with Predator 79cc Or Other motor? Need help form the pros =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking what it would take to do a fd predator, and pretty sure you're need to use a homemade jackshaft tho to get the drive wheel back to the tire.
but you want a pre-made kit?
maybe good like to do a mid frame mount,, 49cc kits do pretty well. Grubee n Staton are A1

Yoda there's only 2 FD kits out there now that are worth the money, DAX and Staton. The others you see on cheap vendor sites are loaded w/problems. Bad bearings, holes not machined and squared, cheap bell and spindle combo. Also if there is an issue it's all on you w/no customer service or warranty. Dax or Staton w/stand behind their stuff, not that it's needed. Pay now or pay later, good luck!

thank you very much, i will definitely be keeping this in mind now =)

That does help narrow it down, would i easily be able to get replacement motors and clutches for the Staton and Dax FD kits? Im a sucker for backup parts.

A lot of el cheapo motors fit, HS 38cc/49cc/53cc and the Hondas. Lots of choices w/76mm clutches.

A lot of el cheapo motors fit, HS 38cc/49cc/53cc and the Hondas. Lots of choices w/76mm clutches.

thanks very much, I now that is a huge help to know. This information helps me make a final decision. Maybe in a month or so ill be speeding around like a kid again haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back